The Sofia Kenin Tennis Racquet will be a great companion to you at every stage of the game. There are many racquets in the market but few that are as good.
The American tennis star Sofia Kenin have been one of the most promising tennis players in the world for the next generation. She became one of the most talked about tennis players when she had the breakthrough run at the Australian Open 2020, where she actually reached the semi-final.
With Kenin being one of the youngest player on the court, she got a good period of time to improve her tennis skills and let’s be honest, with the talent she have now, we wouldn’t be surprised if he become the number one player in the world.
With all the popularity she have received over the years, lots of people starts to enquired about her racquet, many asks, what racquet he uses to compete at the highest level. That’s exactly what we will be going through in this post.
What tennis racquet does Sofia Kenin use? Sofia Kenin currently plays with the Babolat Pure Drive USA. It is known to be the latest version of the original Babolat Pure Drive (inspired by the U.S. flag). She also strings her racquet with Babolat RPM in the mains and Babolat Natural Gut in the crosses.
Sofia Kenin Tennis Racquet Specs
It’s hard to actually find an official source on the net that shows how Sofia Kenin actually modified her tennis racquet. However, here are a few original specs of the Babolat Pure Drive.
- Head Size: 100 square inches
- Length: 27 inch
- Weight (strung): 11.1 / 315g
- Balance: 5pts HL
- Flex: 72
- String Pattern: 16×19
- Swingweight: 324
The main features of the Babolat pure drive USA tennis racquet are:
- The Babolat Pure Drive USA tennis racquet is a limited edition tennis racquet that is cosmetically inspired by the USA flag making it super elegant to look at and it is the perfect addition to your collection.
- The Babolat pure drive USA tennis racquet is just perfect for those players looking for the perfect balance between power and feel on every single shot.
- The Babolat Pure Drive USA tennis racquet provides the best combination of speed, power and spin.
- The Babolat Pure Drive USA tennis racquet includes an optimized FSI Power string pattern. This along with new diamond grommets work to provide a larger sweet spot. The result is maximum power on every single shot, even when off-centred.
- The Babolat Pure Drive USA tennis racquet also features its new HTR system in which the graphite layup has been re-engineered for higher torsion rigidity resulting in more efficient energy transfer to the ball
- The Babolat Pure Drive USA tennis racquet has great vibration dampening ability this is because Babolat has devoted more space in the shaft to SWX Pure Feel, which is a thin and extremely flexible viscoelastic rubber that sits between the racquet’s carbon layers this helps reduce the vibration impact on the arm, elbow and wrist thereby reducing the risk of injury.
Can You Buy the Sofia Kenin Tennis Racquet?
The first thing you should know is that the Babolat Pure Drive USA is by far one of the best racquet for tennis players who are playing at a more competitive level and is looking for a racquet that is considered to be spin friendly with a control-oriented feel.
It is safe to say that Kenin is not the only player that uses the Pure Drive USA as his main racquet, you have many different Pro tennis players that actually take advantage of this high-end racquet.
With all the popularity, the Pure Drive USA is available pretty much everywhere on the market. However, the price of the racquet may differ depending on where you choose to buy it from, but base on research, we found Amazon to be the cheapest marketplace as we speak. What you can do is look around and compare the prices if you are on a tight budget, because the prices are changing on a regular basis.
The Babolat pure drive is one of the most popular tennis racquets on the market today. This particular racquet is a limited edition USA version that has all the features of the pure drive. This is evident by its usage by not only Sofia Kenin but a lot of other great tennis players as well. However before you jump in to purchase this racquet, please do go through our guide and features that will help you make the right choice.