Aryna Sabalenka was born on the 5th of May 1998 in Minsk, Belarus. Her father was a hockey player and she came across tennis by accident. As the story goes, her father took her to a court, just to show her the game and she enjoyed it enough to make it a passion for the rest of her life.
She has been ranked at the World No.2 spot in singles and World No.1 spot in doubles. These rankings have been provided by the WTA. She has 16 WTA titles in total, to her credit, 10 in singles and 6 in doubles. Sabalenka also has 2 Grand Slam doubles titles to her name.
She has been in the eye of controversy for her aggressive style of playing and has got into trouble more than a few times for the same. The advantage of her height enables her to have a strong serve as well.
Quick Bio Table
|Prize money||US$ 9,173,590|
|Social media profile||@sablenka_aryna|
Personal Information and Relationships
- She sports a tiger tattoo on one of her arms. This led to her being assigned the nickname, “The Tiger”. She has also often referred to herself by this name.
- She studied at the Belarusian State University. She undertook a sports-related programme that has probably helped with her development in the sport.
- In late 2019, she publicly announced her engagement to Matvei Bozhko, whom she has been dating for a while. He is a hockey player from Belarus.
- She began her professional career by representing Belarus at the Junior Fed Cup in 2014.
- She later went on to participate in the senior event as well.
- During the World Cup that year, the tennis contingent of Belarus was led by Sabalenka, as their ace player missed the action due to being on maternity leave. They surprised the World by ending up in the finals even though they were the underdogs.
- The 2018-19 Olympics did not prove to be lucky either for Sabalenka or the team of Belarus. They were wiped out by their Australian counterparts in the quarter-finals.
Prize Money And Earnings
Sabalenka has earned a handsome amount through her participation in various tournaments. It is hard to put a figure on the amount but it is estimated that her total prize earnings as of now are around US$ 8,053,962.
Endorsements and Sponsorships
- The Belarusian player is pretty specific when it comes to her racket and has stuck to the racket company Wilson for a while now. She prefers the Wilson Blade range of the racket while she is on the court.
- Both her tennis apparel on the court and her footwear is sponsored by Nike.
Aryana Sabalenka’s net worth is said to be around US$ 8,053,962.
- Reportedly, the player does not believe in the institution of marriage. She is, however, engaged and still in a strong relationship with her fiance.
- She has a younger sister.
- Her father passed away in the year 2019.
- Sabalenka has an aggressive style of playing and is known to make a loud grunting sound while serving.