Felix Auger-Aliassime is a Canadian tennis player who is currently the second-youngest player to be ranked in the Top 20, according to the ATP rankings. He is ranked No.9 in the singles category and No. 60 in the doubles category showing his prowess in both forms of the game.
He is one of the few players in the World who has won an ATP Challenger title by the age of 16 years. This makes him popular in the World of sports as one of the players who is still young and has yet to achieve a great deal.
He was also World No.2 in junior rankings and won the junior US Open Boys singles title.
|Highest ranking (singles)||9|
|Current ranking (singles)||9|
|Social media profile||Instagram @felixaliassime
Personal Information and Relationships
- Felix was born in 2000 in Montreal, Canada.
- He has spent a lot of his childhood in Quebec City.
- His father is from Togo while his mother is a French Canadian.
- He has an elder sister who is also a tennis enthusiast.
- He was introduced to the game at the age of 4 and trained at Club Avantage in Quebec City.
- He is currently dating the Croatian equestrian Nina Ghaibi.
- They revealed their relationship status in the year 2021 through an Instagram post.
- Nina Ghaibi is a cousin of the famous tennis player Ajla Tomljanovic.
- Since Ajla is dating the Italian tennis star Matteo Berrettini, the two couples automatically spend a lot of time together.
- In 2015 itself, he established himself by going down in history for being the only player to be born in the 2000s and qualify for an ATP championship.
- In 2016 he captured his first-ever professional title at the ITF Futures in Birmingham.
- He claimed his second ITF Futures title in 2017 at Sherbrooke. It was also in the same year that he won his first Challengers title and broke into the Top 200 of the WTA rankings.
- In 2018 June, he was able to hold onto his title at Lyon by defeating Johan Tatlot. This also made him the youngest player to be able to defend an ATP Challenger title, in the World.
- Though he was forced to retire from the US Open early, due to heart palpitations, he pretty much had a successful year.
- He started 2019 with a bang and was declared the youngest player to enter the ATP – 500 finals.
- He recorded 3 ATP finals that year along with a Davis Cup final. Although he did not win them, it gave a good boost to his career rankings.
- In 2020, he made it to three more ATP singles finals while securing the double title at the Paris Masters.
- In 2021 he made it to the semifinals of the US Open. He made the headlines when he hired Rafael Nadal’s uncle, Toni Nadal as his coach in the same year. It must have worked in his favor as he broke into the Top 10 rankings that year.
- In 2022 he was a part of the team that claimed the ATP Cup championship. He also made it to the Australian Open Quarter Final.
- He also had to withdraw from the Dubai Tennis Championship early due to a back injury in the same year.
Prize Money Earnings
Though he is only 20 years of age, Felix has spent a large amount of his time on tennis courts.
The total prize money he has collected so far is assumed to be US$ 6,444,623.
Endorsements and Sponsors
Felix is a highly sought after brand ambassador for several companies due to his superb performance at the game. Some of his sponsors are:
- In the year 2020, he signed a sponsorship deal with Adidas.
- He has stuck with Babolat for his tennis racquets since his early days. He currently uses the Babolat Pure Aero VS model.
- He is also tied up with the Swiss luxury watchmaker Tag Heuer.
As of now, he has an estimated net worth of 1.5million US$
- He has been a member of Tennis Canada’s National Training Center in Montreal since the year 2014.
- He shares his birthday with tennis legend Roger Federer.
- During the quarantine period of the pandemic, he spent his time at home with his family, picking up the game of Scrabble.
- He recently announced that he would be donating 5$ for each point that he wins this season to the charitable organization of EduChange. This effort will support the protection and education of children in his father’s native country of Togo, Africa.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day this year he paid tribute to his mother, his sister and his girlfriend and credited them for being the most important people in his life.