Karolina Pliskova is a professional tennis player from the Czech Republic. She is extremely popular in the World of tennis for her aggressive playing style and also her powerful forehand strokes.
She was formerly World No. 1 and reached the top of the WTA rankings on 17 July 2017. She held onto her position for 8 weeks, which is a commendable feat.
Apart from that, she has also peaked at No.11 at the World rankings in the doubles category.
On the WTA Tour alone, she has 16 singles and 5 doubles to her credit. On the ITF Circuit, she has won 10 singles and 6 doubles. She has also reached two Grand Slam singles finals.
While still in the junior stage, she was able to win the girl’s singles event at the 2010 Australian Open. She also represented her country in the Fed Cup competition.
|Highest ranking||No. 1|
|Current ranking||No. 4|
|Social media platform||Twitter – @KaPliskova
Instagram – Karolina Pliskova
Personal Information and Relationships
- She was born on 21st May 1992 and is a citizen of the Czech Republic.
- She was born in the small town of Louny.
- Interestingly, she has an identical twin sister Kristyna who is two minutes older than her.
- Her twin sister is also a professional tennis player.
- She married her boyfriend in 2018. His name is Michal Hrdlicka.
- In 2012, she won 2 singles titles and 3 doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2013, she made her debut in the Top 100 World rankings and also won a WTA title at Kuala Lumpur.
- In 2014, she won two WTA titles. One at Seol and the other at Linz. She also won 3 WTA doubles titles in that year and made a break into the Top 50 World rankings.
- In 2015, she claimed one WTA title in Prague. By the end of this year’s season, she had made it to the Top 20, thus furthering her graph of progress in the tennis World.
- In 2016, she won the finals in the Fed Cup both in the singles and doubles events. In the same year, she won her maiden WTA tournament as well.
- In 2017, she made it to the finals of the French Open and though she lost the title, she was ranked at the Number 1 spot for the first time in her career.
- In 2019, she won the Rome Masters tournament that was the highlight of her career.
- In the forthcoming years, she suffered a slight slump in form, but jumped back in 2021, when she reached the Wimbledon finals and faced, long time opponent, Ashleigh Barty.
Prize Money Earnings
The 29-year-old tennis sensation has amassed a staggering 19.9 million in prize money. In addition to this, she also has earnings from endorsements.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- FILA is the brand that sponsors all the playing gear.
- Babolat is the company that has been providing her with her tennis racquets.
- MOL, Hublot watches, Mototechna and Puente Romano beach resort are some more brands she is associated with.
In today’s day and age, Karolina is worth a cool US$ 15 million.
- She currently resides in the beautiful city of Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- She decided to take her husband’s name after she married him.
- She is currently under the coaching of Sascha Bajin, and her fitness coach is Martin Nosko.
- She trains at and plays for the Sparta Praha Tennis Club.
- She is ranked at number 18 in all-time earnings among tennis stars.
- When she is not winning titles at the tennis court, she enjoys freshwater fishing and finds that to be a rejuvenating experience.
- She has set up her own foundation that benefits patients of pediatric oncology. She makes many philanthropic contributions to this foundation for the benefit of children suffering from cancer, especially in her own country.
- She also enjoys watching movies and listening to pop music from her country of origin.
- She is known to have 3 tattoos in total. One on her arm, one on her left leg and another on her waistline.