Varvara Gracheva was born on August 2 2000, in the Russian capital city of Moscow. She is now a professional tennis player for Russia.
Until now, she has 7 singles titles to her credit on the ITF Circuit. Varvara has a career-high WTA singles ranking of 70, achieved on 7 March 2022 and made her main-draw debut in 2019 at the Ladies Open Lausanne on the WTA tour.
|Career titles (ITF Circuit)||7|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 70|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 70|
|Social media profile||Instagram @gracheva_varvara
Personal Information and Relationships
- Varvara Andreyevna Gracheva was born on August 2 2000, in Moscow Russia to Natalia Kazakova.
- She was introduced to tennis from a very young age and was encouraged by her parents to take it up earnestly as they believed she had immense talent.
- They believed in her so much that right up to the age of 14, Varvara was coached by her mother.
- She then went on to study at the meteor sports center in Zhukovsky, but wanting better training opportunities, her family moved her to Germany to train with Nina Bratchikova.
- She is now based mainly in France, at the ETC Academy in Cannes, where most of the touring pros train including Daniil Medvedev.
- She is currently coached by Gerard Solves.
- Varvara turned professional in 2017 and Won her first singles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2018, She reached her first $25k quarterfinal in Périgueux and made her top 500 debut.
- In 2019, she won the biggest title of her career at the $25k event in Chiasso, which enabled her to reach the top 400 for the first time.
- Soon after this, Gracheva went on to win two $25k titles, one at Caserta, Italy, and the other at the Open Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole Hérault.
- In the same year, she made her debut on the WTA Tour at the Ladies Open Lausanne, where she defeated Julia Grabher to qualify for the main draw where she, unfortunately, lost to Han Xinyun in the first round, in straight sets.
- She also participated at the Washington Open, where she qualified for the main draw and defeated Anna Blinkova to earn her first top 100 win but was then defeated by Hsieh Su-Wei in a final-set tiebreak. However, her performance enabled her to enter the top 200 for the first time.
- She then reached the final qualifying round of the US Open defeating Martina Trevisan and Danka Kovinić en route and was defeated in the final round by Richèl Hogenkamp.
- Soon after this at the Open de Saint-Malo, she defeated Aliona Bolsova and Natalia Vikhlyantseva en route to defeating Marta Kostyuk in the final.
- Then at the Open de Valencia, she beat Tamara Korpatsch to win her second consecutive title.
- In 2020, at the Internazionali Femminili di Palermo, she was defeated by Martina Trevisan in the final qualifying round.
- In the same year, she made her Grand Slam main-draw debut at the US Open where she reached the third round for the first time in her career and was unfortunately defeated by Petra Martić.
- In 2021, Gracheva reached her first career WTA semifinal by defeating Tamara Zidanšek and Marta Kostyuk. However, she then lost to Alizé Cornet.
- In the same year she reached the quarterfinals at the Astana Open by defeating Kristýna Plíšková and Lesia Tsurenk en route.
- She began 2021 at the Melbourne Summer Set 2, but was soon beaten by Sorana Cîrstea.
- In the same year At the Dubai Tennis Championships, she defeated Ajla Tomljanović in the first round and ended the year ranked at no 72.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 1,166,806 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 1,166,806.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Varvara’s apparel on the court is sponsored by Le Coq Sportif.
- Her footwear on the court is sponsored by Nike.
- Her tennis racquets are sponsored by Yonex.
Varvara’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 6 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Her favorite hobby is drawing.
- Her favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh and she particularly likes his ‘self-portrait with a severed ear’
- She owns two dogs, a Yorkshire Terrier named Tutsi and a Parson Russell named Enya.
- She also owns a parrot called Boy
- She likes to listen to alternative rock music, particularly from the band Skillet.