Tamara Zidansek was born on December 26 1997, in Postojna which is a town in the traditional region of Inner Carniola, in southwestern Slovenia. She is now a professional tennis player for Slovenia. Until now, she has 1 WTA singles and 3 WTA doubles titles to her credit as well as 17 singles and four doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.
Tamara has achieved a career-high WTA ranking of no 56 in singles on July 22 2019 and on Jan 25 2021 she achieved a ranking of no 56 in doubles. In the junior tour, she achieved a ranking of no 16 which she achieved in Dec 2015.
She accidentally got into tennis when the skiing and snowboarding program that she was a part of began offering tennis lessons in summer. Picking up the basics from there, Zidanšek first started playing with her father. Today she says that the main reason she chose tennis over snowboarding is that she preferred the warmer weather that tennis can be played in.
She is currently the No. 1 Slovene singles tennis player. Zidanšek was coached by Zoran Krajnc until April 2021.In May 2021, her team, led by Marjan Čuk, signed with Pancho Alvariño from Spain.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 22|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 22|
|Social media profile||Instagram @tamarazidansek997
Personal Information and Relationships
- Tamara Zidansek was born in Postojna Slovenia on 26 December 1997.
- There is not much known about her family but she grew to love tennis after playing it with her father.
- She turned professional at the age of 16.
- Her current coach is Pancho Alvariño.
- She plays right-handed with a two-handed backhand.
- When it comes to her playing style, she is a creative player who enjoys mixing volleys with slices and enjoys playing on a clay court.
- Her determination, athleticism and fighting spirit have been the qualities that have carried her to the top of the ranks and have made her what she is today.
- Zidanšek made a perfect professional debut in 2014 in Velenje and won the first tournament of her career on the ITF Circuit in Slovenia.
- She won five singles and two doubles titles on the ITF Circuit both in 2015 as well as 2016.
- She once again Won two singles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- 2018 was her best year yet as she entered the top 100 and ranked no 70. She also won one WTA doubles title; won one WTA 125K Series singles title and won four singles titles on ITF Circuit.
- She continued in 2019 in the top 100 ranked at no 64 and reached her career first WTA final at Nürnberg where she, unfortunately, lost to Putintseva in the final.
- In 2021, she reached the quarterfinals and the semifinals of the 2021 French Open for the first time in her career, after defeating Sorana Cîrstea and Paula Badosa. She thus became the first Slovenian female player to accomplish this since the country achieved its independence in 1991.
- Zidanšek entered the top 50 for the first time in her career. She also scored her first top-ten win against Bianca Andreescu. In the semifinal, Zidanšek was defeated by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
- In 2022, she reached the Australian Open third round for the first time but she lost to Alizé Cornet.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around $2,163,720 in prize money. In fact, The prize money for 2022 is $202,053 according to WTA.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Joma is the company that sponsors all of her apparel and footwear on the court.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Yonex
Tamara’s total net worth is between $2.5 million – $3 million as of 2022.
- Zidansek was a three-time national junior snowboarding champion in Slovenia.
- Tamara Zidansek currently resides in Doha Qatar.
- Her favourite tournament is the Australian Open Tennis.
- Since turning pro, Zidansek has a career record of 215 victories and 74 losses.
- She speaks Speaks Slovenian, Croatian/Serbian, English, and some German
- Her favorite tv show is friends
- Her favourite movie is Back to the future.