Nuria Párrizas Díaz was born on July 15 1991, in Granada Spain. She is now a professional tennis player for Spain. Until now, she has 22 singles and 3 doubles titles on the ITF Circuit to her credit. She has also won 2 WTA Challenger Tournaments. She achieved a career-high singles ranking of world No. 45.
|Career titles (ITF Circuit)||22|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 45|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 45|
|Social media profile||Instagram @nuriaparrizas
Personal Information and Relationships
- Nuria Párrizas Díaz was born on July 15 1991, in Granada Spain.
- She began playing tennis at the young age of 6 years old and trained in her hometown until she turned 14 years old.
- At the age of 14, the Andalusian Tennis Federation awarded her a scholarship to train at their facilities in Seville and offered her the opportunity to compete throughout Spain in the children’s and cadet tournaments.
- Then at the age of 16, she moved to Barcelona to train at the Hispano Frances Academy.
- She decided to return to Granada as she had no professional support in Barcelona and she continued training and attending ITF tournaments there.
- When she turned 22 years old, she went to train in Italy.
- She is currently coached by Carlos Boluda Purkiss.
- Nuria made her professional debut on the ITF Circuit in Spain in 2006.
- She won first two ITF Circuit singles titles in 2013.
- However, she soon suffered from a very bad shoulder injury that brought her career to a standstill.
- Though advised by her doctors to retire, she persevered and recovered and made her comeback in 2017.
- Since her return in 2017, she won about a dozen ITF tournaments and also played in club leagues such as the Stadium Casablanca in Spain, Rocco Polimeni in Italy and Esslingen in Germany.
- In 2019, Párrizas Díaz decided to go back to training in Valencia to boost her career.
- In 2020, Párrizas Díaz participated in her first Grand Slam event after years when she played the qualifying for the Australian Open.
- In 2021, Párrizas Díaz qualified for the Copa Colsanitas tournament, with two solid wins, this was her first main-draw appearance at the WTA level.
- In the same year, she won her biggest title to date at the WTA 125 Swedish Open in Bastad, defeating Olga Govortsova in the final. Her performance enabled her to reach a new career-high of 108.
- Soon after this, she won her biggest ITF title at the $100k Tennis Challenge in Landisville, Pennsylvania and as a result, she entered the top 100 at world No. 96 on 16 August 2021.
- Shen then qualified for a Grand Slam main draw at the US Open for the first time in her career.
- In 2022, at the Australian Open, she reached the third round of a Grand Slam championship for the first time in her career after the withdrawal of Maryna Zanevska. As a result, she made her top-50 debut on 7 February 2022.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 683,064 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022, so far she has earned around US$ 239,141.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Nuria’s clothing on the court is sponsored by Bidi Badu, a clothing company that is Inspired by the African lifestyle and the African laid-back mentality.
- Her footwear is sponsored by Mizuno.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by the famous company Head.
Nuria’s total net worth as of today is around 2 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Nuria resides in Valencia, Spain.
- She is very active on social media and has a large number of followers on Instagram.
- She loves Reggaeton music.
- She is dating her coach Carlos Boluda Purkiss and credits him as the reason for her latest successes on the court.
- She is fluent in Spanish and knows a little bit of Italian too.
- Her favorite dish is Paella.