Born on 13th November 2002, Emma Raducanu is a British professional Tennis player.
Emma Raducanu is the first British woman to win a Grand Slam singles title since Virginia Wade in the 1977 Wimbledon Championships. Raducanu made her debut on the ITF Women’s circuit in 2018 and secured her first title of the year in May at the $15,000 title in October at the ITF Antalya.
|Highest Ranking (Singles)||No 12 (14th February 2022)|
|Current Ranking (Singles)||No 12|
|Social Media Profile||Instagram: @emmaraducanu|
Personal Information and Relationships
- Emma Raducanu was born in Toronto, Canada on 13th November 2002.
- Emma was raised in Bromley, England.
- Emma’s father is from Bucharest, Romania named Ion Raducanu, and her mother is from Shenyang, China named Renee Zhai.
- As Emma Raducanu mentioned “ both came from very academic families’ ‘ Emma Raducanu’s parents work in the finance sector.
- At a young age of two Emma’s parents moved to England.
- She holds both British and Canadian Citizenship.
- Emma speaks English, Romanian and Mandarin.
- Emma Raducanu showed an interest in tennis at the early age of five.
- She also enjoyed playing basketball, golf, karting, motocross, skiing, horse riding and ballet. She is also a big fan of formula one.
- Emma Raducanu is the current US Open Champion and the first British woman to win a Grand Slam singles title since Virginia Wade in the 1977 Wimbledon Champions.
- In 2018 Emma Raducanu made her debut on the ITF Women’s circuit and a title in May at the Tiberias. Later in October she gained her second title.
- In 2019 Raducanu competed a lot in India.
- She won a $25K event in Pune in December.
- In 2019, Emma Raducanu competed in India, Maharashtra. She retired in the second round of the Solapur Open.
- Later in the same year she competed against Naiktha Bains, at the Deccan Gymkhana Ground and won in three sets.
- The year 2020 took a steep turn in Emma’s career as many of the matches were canceled due to the covid Pandemic.
- Due to this Raducanu participated in small tournaments in the United Kingdom.
- She won the Lawn Tennis Association. LTA British Tour Masters title in December 2020.
- During this time Emma devoted most of her time to her academic studies which she took in 2021.
- During the year 2021, Raducanu began to train with coach Nigel Sears . Nigel Sears was the father in law of the men’s single no one player Andy Murray.
Prize money Earnings.
Emma Raducanu has a total prize money earnings of $209,428 as of 2022.
Endorsement and Sponsorship
- Raducanu is sponsored for clothing and shoes by Nike.
- Wilson sponsors Raducanu for racquets.
- Raducanu also became a brand ambassador for luxury retail and fashion brands Tiffany and Co. and Dior as well as Evian, British Airways and British telecommunications company Vodafone.
- In 2022, Emma became a brand ambassador for German automobile manufacturer Porsche.
The last estimation of Emma Radicanu’s net worth is $5.4 million.
- Emma attended Bickley Primary School Followed by Newstead Wood School, a school in Orpington, that focussed on Grammar.
- Emma obtained an A+ in Mathematics and an A in Economics in her A – Levels.
- Emma has great respect for and considers Simona Haep and Li Na as her professional Role Models.
- She is known for her powerful, flat groundstrokes and an aggressive return of serve.
- In January 2022 a man was found guilty of stalking Raducanu.
- This incident took place at her house and this made her feel very unsafe.
- This man was later caught and handed a five year restraining order.