Ann Li was born on June 26 2000, in King of Prussia or KOP which is a census-designated place in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States.
She is now a professional tennis player for the United States of America. Until now, she has 1 WTA singles title to her credit. She has a career-high ranking by the Women’s Tennis Association of No. 44 in the world.
Growing up in a sports family, Ann Li inherited her passion for sports, especially from her parents.After picking up the sport at the age of five, she enjoyed a solid junior career that saw her reach as high as No. 12 and achieve the status of runner up in the junior Wimbledon final in 2017.
She verbally committed to LSU for the 2018-19 school year, but opted to turn pro. The young tennis player had an impressive debut at the Australian Open in 2020 and shows a lot of promise for the years to come.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 44|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 57|
|Social media profile||Instagram @tennischampann
Personal Information and Relationships
- Ann Li was born in King of Prussia Pennsylvania USA on June 26 2000.
- Ann is the youngest child of parents Feng Li and Jianchao Li.
- Both her parents are Chinese who immigrated to the United States. However, she is of American nationality by birth.
- She comes from a sports background. Her aunt was a professional speed skater in China. Her father played soccer in college, while her mother ran track in college.
- Li has an elder brother named Fred Li who played tennis during high school. He is also an accomplished poker player.
- She started to play tennis at the age of five, learning much from the Chinese professional player Li Na.
- Ann Li grew up watching Li Na pave the way for Chinese players by winning two Grand Slams and climbing as high as No. 2 and was inspired by her.
- She is currently coached by Henner Nehles.
- Ann Li turned professional in 2017. She reached her first Junior Grand Slam singles final in 2017 at Wimbledon. However, she became the runner-up after losing to Claire Liu.
- In the same year, she won her first professional title on the ITF Circuit in Evansville, Indiana.
- In 2018, Li entered the Kentucky Championships where she defeated Renata Zarazúa, Julia Glushko, Anastasia Nefedova, Jessica Pegula before being defeated by Asia Muhammad.
- She then participated at the Koser Challenge where she defeated Heather Watson and Sabine Lisicki, but unfortunately lost to Madison Brengle in the quarterfinals.
- Li made her Grand Slam debut at the Australian Open in 2020. She advanced to the second round, where she lost to the eventual champion Sofia Kenin.
- She reached the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time in her career at the 2020 US Open where she defeated Alison Riske thus enabling her to reach the top 100 at world No. 97, on 9 November 2020.
- In 2021, she reached a third round of a Grand Slam at the 2021 Australian Open where she then lost to Aryna Sabalenka.
- She won her maiden WTA title at the 2021 Tenerife Ladies Open, defeating Camila Osorio. This enabled her ranking to rise into the top 50 for the first time, reaching a new career-high of world No. 48, on 25 October 2021.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 1,123,677 US$ from her participation in different championships. In the year 2022 so far, she collected around 148,290 US dollars.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- FILA is the company that sponsors all of her apparel and footwear on the court.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Dunlop but she was previously using racquets sponsored by Babolat.
Li’s total net worth as of today is around 1million US$. While there is no absolute confirmation on the figure, it is likely to be true due to the large sums she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Ann was nominated for the “2021 WTA Newcomer of the Year” in November 2021.
- Her tennis idols are Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic
- In her spare time, she loves listening to music, watching movies, and reading.
- She plays the ukulele.
- She currently resides in Devon, Pennsylvania.
- She has amassed more than 4k followers on her Instagram account.
- She loves listening to country music,
- Favorite surface to compete on is grass