Anett Kontaveit is a professional tennis player from Estonia. She turned professional in the year 2010 and 5 years from the start of her career in tennis, she had achieved her highest singles ranking of No.7, which in itself is a great feat. She also established herself at No. 95 in the WTA rankings, giving her credibility in the doubles category as well. In 2021, she participated in the year-end WTA tournament and reached the finals of the competition. This made her the first Estonian to have done so.
|Highest ranking (singles)||No. 7|
|Current ranking (singles)||No. 9|
|Social Media Profile||Instagram @anett_kontaveit|
Personal Information and Relationships
- She seems to be a private person and not much is known about her private life.
- She resides with her family so we can safely assume that she is a family-oriented person who loves spending time with the people she cares for.
- Her parents are Estonian as well and hail from the Finnic ethnic group.
- Her father is a manager by profession.
- Her mother is a women’s tennis coach and she has trained Kontaveit from an early age in the game.
- In interviews, the player has often coated her mother as being her source of inspiration.
- On the dating front, there has never been much news from her side. She has not been linked to anyone romantically in the past as well.
- It is highly probable that her intensely demanding job as an international tennis player does not give her much time to focus on her personal life.
- There was a time when there were rumors about her dating her friend Keili Sukijainen.
- He is a journalist, reporter and presenter.
- Both of them, however, denied the reports and maintained that they are best friends and nothing more than that.
- In 2009, at the age of 14, Kontaveit was established as a serious professional tennis player.
- In the following year, she doubled her success with a few more victories.
- In 2011, she was invited to the national team at the Federation Cup.
- She also won the Orange Bowl junior tournament as well in 2011 and reached the finals of the US Open.
- She also ranked 4th in the WTA ranking in the same year.
- She turned professional in the year 2012 and reached a number of ITF finals.
- She won her first and only WTA tournament so far, in the year 2017.
- In 2018, she was one of the finalists at the Wuhan tournament but lost out to Sabalenka.
- She reached the finals in 2020 again, but this time she lost out to the French Fiona Ferro
Prize Money Earnings
US$ 6,940,343 is reportedly the amount she has claimed in prize money so far. At 26, this amount makes her one of the richest players in the tennis world. A large fraction of this is from the money she has won in various tournaments, as she does not endorse many brands.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Kontaveit has her playing apparel sponsored by Lacoste. She is sometimes seen promoting the brand off the court as well.
- Her racquets are sponsored by Babolat. She uses the Babolat Pure Strike racquets.
- She also endorses the famous Hotel Telegraf in Estonia. It used to be a post and telegraph center and is now considered a historically important landmark.
- Tallink is a passenger and cargo shipping company that is associated with her as well.
- Alexela is an oil and gas production company that has gas stations as well. She is also attached to them.
Up until 2021, she is reportedly worth around 6.5 million US$. This amount is set to change shortly as she is currently engaged in various tournaments as well.
- At the time when she won the Estonian Championships in 2009, she was the youngest player to do so.
- She followed up that win by defending her title in the year 2010 as well.
- Kontaveit speaks fluent Finnish and English.
- She loves dogs and reportedly had a pet Labrador Retriever, Milo, with whom she spends most of her free time.
- Presently, she lives with her family in Viimsi, Estonia.
- Former Russian tennis player Dmitry Tursunov was her coach at the time when she turned professional and is credited with honing her skills.