Andrey Rublev is a Russian professional tennis player who has reached a career-high of World No.3, so far. He broke into the Top 10 league of the ATP rankings, somewhere in October 2020. He has eight singles ATP titles to his name and is continuing to garner more fame and accolades as he dominates the World of tennis.
In the doubles category too, he has a commendable title of World No. 59. He has claimed two double titles as well, to date and also has an Olympic Gold Medal that he can flaunt. He won the Olympic Gold at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
As a junior, he claimed the 2018 French Open singles title, which was quite a start and actually gave him a lot of recognition as a serious forthcoming contender.
|Highest ranking||No. 5|
|Current ranking||No. 7|
|Social Media Profile||Instagram
Personal Information and Relationships
- Rublev was born in Moscow to Andrey Rublev Sr. who was a professional boxer, at one time.
- Interestingly, his mother was a tennis coach at Spartak Tennis Club.
- She has worked with some star players like Anna Kournikova and is a recipient of the prestigious civilian award, “Medal of the Order”, which was given to her for services to the Fatherland.
- He has an older half-sister who was a professional tennis player as well.
- The paternal side of his family have Austrian lineage and he has often credited his grandparents for having contributed heavily to raising him.
- His maternal grandfather dabbled in professional tennis and freestyle wrestling as well. So it is safe to assume that he was born into a family of sportsmen.
- The 2015 Miami Open is where the youngster made a mark for himself by defeating Pablo Busta and going on to crush Fernando Verdasco, at the Barcelona Open.
- He claimed his first ATP title at the 2015 Davis Cup which instantly shot him to fame.
- In the same year, he made it to the US Open quarterfinal but was beaten by the ace Nadal.
- In 2019, he appeared at the Western and Southern Open. He created quite the buzz here when he was able to defeat Roger Federer in straight sets. This wasn’t all, in the same year, he defeated two other players who were among the Top 10 list.
- The 2019 Kremlin Cup brought him his second ATP title.
- 2020 seems to have been the year when he dominated the tennis world, hard. He began the season by claiming the Qatar Open, early in the year and went on to become the male player with the maximum number of titles that year.
- He also reached the semifinals of both the US Open and French Open in the same year.
- He also broke into the Top 10 league for the first time in the same year. He is currently safely lodged at the Number 8 spot.
Prize Money Earnings
The 24-year-old has amassed a total of US$ 10,156,712 in prize money earnings till today. Considering that he still has a long time to go, we can safely assume that he has a lot to gain in monetary terms.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Nike, the leading sports brand has joined hands with him and he is often seen flaunting their sports accessories.
- Wilson is the company that supplies his racquets for quite a while now.
- The top player also has a deal with the Russian star.
- He is signed as an IMG athlete.
- In addition to all of the above, he is also partnered with 4 Slam Tennis Academy.
Andrey Rublev’s net worth is estimated to be above 5 million US$. This figure is only set to rise as he is a rising star and surely is on the way to becoming a multi-millionaire.
- Rublev’s tennis idols include Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Grigor Dimitrov and Milos Raonic.
- He has watched multiple matches of his idols and studied their technique so he can mimic their styles and patterns on the court.
- He also has a passion for boxing and basketball and indulges in both sports on a recreational basis.
- His favorite basketball team is the Golden State Warriors.
- He is also a supporter of FC Barcelona.
- His favorite wrestler is Mike Tyson.
- He is also an ardent lover of electronic music and he loves to create his own compositions. Martin Garrix and Alan Walker are his idols in the field.
- His nickname is “Rubl”, which, most probably is a reference to the Russian ruble.
- He speaks Russian, English and Spanish.
- He is also an ardent lover of cats.
- He is an “Orthodox Christian” and very often he can be seen crossing himself before or during a match.