Tereza Martincova was born on October 24 1994, in the Czech Republic. She is now a professional Czech tennis player. Until now, she has 4 titles on the ITF Circuit to her credit. On 14 February 2022, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 40. On 7 March 2022, she peaked at No. 79 in the WTA doubles rankings.
|Career titles (ITF)||4|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 40|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 46|
|Social media profile||Instagram @terezamartinec
Personal Information and Relationships
- Tereza Martincova was born on 24 October 1994 in the city of Prague in the Czech Republic.
She was introduced to the game of tennis from a very young age and was encouraged by her parents to pursue it.
- She was coached by Daniel Vanek in the past.
- She is currently coached by Pavel Zadrapa
- Tereza made her professional debut at the Nürnberger Versicherungscup in 2013 where she lost to Estrella Cabeza Candela in round one.
- In the same year at the Baku Cup, she defeated Oksana Kalashnikova in the first round but lost to Tadeja Majerič in the second.
- In 2014, at the Nürnberger Versicherungscup, she passed the qualifying rounds, but the main draw was lost to Anastasia Rodionova.
- At the Swedish Open in Båstad Mona Barthel defeated her in the first round.
- In the Coupe Banque Nationale held in Quebec City, Martincová once again passed qualifying, but again lost in the first main-draw round to Shelby Rogers
- 2015 was a good year for Martincova as she reached her first WTA Tour quarterfinal at the Brasil Tennis Cup after defeating Quirine Lemoine and Ajla Tomljanović. In the same year, She also made her Grand Slam debut at the US Open.
- In 2016, she reached the semifinals of the Coupe Banque Nationale, where she was victorious over Barbora Krejčíková, Ekaterina Alexandrova and Jessica Pegula.
- In 2017, she gave her best performance at a grand slam championship when she reached the first round at the US Open by defeating Valentini Grammatikopoulou, Vera Lapko and Georgia Brescia in qualifying. She also reached the semifinals of the Ladies Championship Gstaad in the same year.
- In 2018, she reached her second ITF Circuit final in doubles, playing alongside Michaëlla Krajicek.
- In 2019, she won her fourth ITF title in Essen, defeating Paula Badosa in the final
- In 2021, she made her top 100 singles debut.
- In 2022, Martincová qualified for the Australian Open for the first time. In the first round, she defeated Lauren Davis, before she lost to 30th seeded Camila Giorgi in the second.
Singles Titles Earned on the ITF Circuit
|2014||1||$10,000Heraklion||ITF||ITF Womens Circuit||Hard|
|2015||1||$25,000 Lenzerheide||ITF||ITF Womens Circuit||Clay|
|2018||1||$25,000Obidos||ITF||ITF Womens Circuit||Carpet|
Prize Money Earnings
Tereza has earned a grand total of around 1,543,719 US$ as prize money from her participation in different championships, In fact, for the year 2022, so far she has earned around US$ 243,920
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Mizuno is the company that sponsors all of her apparel and footwear on the court. The company is based in Osaka, Japan and makes apparel and sports equipment for many sports.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by the famous company Wilson. She uses the Wilson Blade 98 racquet.
Tereza’s total net worth as of today is 5 million US$. While there is no absolute confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Tereza is dating Jan Jelinek and frequently posts pictures of both of them on social media enjoying walks through Paris and also on beaches.
- Tereza is active on Instagram with over 36K followers.
- Her favorite surface to play on is grass
- Her left limb right from the arm to the wrist is covered in tattoos.
- She also has a great fashion sense as seen in her Instagram photos.