Nadia Podoroska was born on February 10 1997, in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina. She is now a professional tennis player for Argentina. Until now, she has 1 WTA doubles title to her credit. She has also earned 14 singles titles and 7 doubles titles on the ITF Circuit and has also competed at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
On 12 July 2021, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 36 and she peaked at No. 62 in the WTA doubles rankings on 18 October 2021.
She is often called a child genius in the sport as she showed a great interest right from a young age and began playing tennis at the age of 5. It is therefore no wonder that she has reached such a great stage in her career due to her professionalism, persistence, skill and determination.
|Career titles (ITF Circuit)||14|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 36|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 115|
|Social media profile||Instagram @nadiapodoroska
Personal Information and Relationships
- Nadia Natacha Podoroska was born on February 10 1997, in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina to Marcelo and Irene.
- She had a typical middle-class upbringing in Fisherton, which was a neighborhood founded by railroad workers in the late 1880s.
- She has 2 other siblings.
- She is of Ukrainian descent as her grandparents were Ukrainian but unfortunately does not speak Ukrainian.
- Her father was a watchmaker who later became a pharmacist, and her mother is also a pharmacist.
- She began playing tennis at the Fisherton Athletic Club at the young age of five and was the first in her family to play this sport.
- She moved to Alicante, Spain in 2017 for better training opportunities.
- She is currently coached by Juan Pablo Guzman and Emiliano Redondi.
- Nadia made her professional debut on the ITF Circuit in South America in 2011.
- She won her first singles and doubles title on the ITF Circuit in 2013.
- She went on to win four more singles titles on the ITF Circuit in 2014.
- In 2015, once again she won one single and one doubles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2016, she qualified for the WTA main draw debut at Bucharest and at the US Open but lost in the first round.
- In the same year, she won two singles and one doubles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2017, she won three double titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2018, once again she won one singles and two doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2019, she did not qualify for the Australian Open but she won two singles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2020 at Roland Garros, she beat Elina Svitolina in the quarterfinals to become the first qualifier to reach the semifinals of the French Open.
- In the same year, she was also awarded the WTA Newcomer of the Year for her rankings achievement and her solid performance throughout the season.
- In 2021, at the Italian Open, she defeated Serena Williams in the second round.
- In the same year at the French Open, Podoroska lost in the first round to Belinda Bencic but she managed to reach the semifinals in doubles by partnering with Irina-Camelia Begu for the first time. This performance enabled her to reach the top 40 in singles and No. 69 in doubles for the first time in her career, on 14 June 2021.
- She also reached the quarterfinals of the Yarra Valley Classic by defeating Petra Kvitová.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 1,349,708 US$ from her participation in different championships.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Nadia’s clothing and footwear on the court are sponsored by the Italian sporting company Fila.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Head and she currently uses the Head Radical range of racquets.
- She is also associated with the supplement company Pulver.
Nadia’s total net worth as of today is 1.5 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- She is a fan of the Argentinian tennis players, especially Guillermo Cañas.
- Her tennis idols growing up were Venus and Serena Williams.