Magda Linette was born on February 12 1992, in Poznan which is a city in west central Poland. She is now a professional tennis player for Poland. Until now, she has 2 WTA singles titles to her credit. She has also earned 11 singles and 8 doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.
When it comes to her playing style, Her strengths on court are her speed, footwork, court coverage, and anticipation. Her strongest groundstroke is her two-handed backhand, which is hit flat and with depth and is the reason for most of her wins on the court. Her forehand is also strong, and is hit with topspin. Having spent a significant time on the doubles circuit as well, Linette has developed solid volleying skills
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 33|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 67|
|Social media profile||Instagram @magdalinette
Personal Information and Relationships
- Magda Linette was born on February 12 1992, in Poznan which is a city in west central Poland.
- Her father’s name is Tomasz and her mother’s name is Beata.
- She also has a sister whose name is Dagmara
- Her father is a tennis coach and her mother is an educator.
- She began playing tennis at the young age of 6 encouraged by her parents.
- Linette was coached by Izudin ‘Izo’ Zunić during the first half of her career.
- From 2018, she has been coached by Mark Gellard.
- She is currently coached by Dawid Celt.
- Magda began her professional career in 2009.
- In 2010, she won her first professional tournament in Szczecin as a wildcard entrant, Followed by 2 ITF Circuit wins in Germany.
- In 2011, she made her first appearance in a Grand Slam tournament, playing in the qualifying rounds.
- In 2012, She won the $10k of Prague after beating Kateřina Siniaková and Zuzana Luknárová. In 2012, Linette got some of her best wins of the season by beating Eleni Daniilidou in Limoges, Monica Puig in Nantes, and Karolína Plíšková in Équeurdreville.
- In the same year, she also won her first $50k level trophy in doubles in Limoges with Sandra Zaniewska and soon after this, she won another tournament in doubles with Katarzyna Piter in Ankara.
- In 2013, She reached the semifinals at the $50k Joué-lès-Tours in France.
- In 2014,at Guangzhou, she reached her first WTA doubles final with Alizé Cornet.In the same year, she won the WTA 125 Ningbo International Open, defeating Wang Qiang in the final which was the biggest title of her career.
- In 2015, Linette won a Grand Slam match for the first time when she beat Urszula Radwańska at the US Open, but she then unfortunately lost to Agnieszka Radwańska.
- 2017 was a busy year for Magda, she reached the semi finals both at Kuala Lumpur as well as the Malaysian open.
- In 2018, Linette advanced to the quarterfinals at the Taiwan Open and the Copa Colsanitas in Bogotá.
- In 2019, Linette won the first edition of the Bronx Open, her first WTA Tour title. She then reached the WTA Tour final at the Korea Open but lost to Karolína Muchová.
- In 2020, Linette won the Thailand Open.
- In 2021, at the French Open, Linette defeated Chloé Paquet and Ashleigh Barty. In the third round, she lost to Ons Jabeur. At the same tournament in doubles, she reached the semifinals with Bernarda Pera.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 3,676,039 US$ from her participation in different championships.So far in the year 2022, she has earned 261,571 US$.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Magda’s clothing and footwear on the court is sponsored by Joma.
- She previously had the same contract with Nike.
- Her tennis racquets are sponsored by Babolata nd she uses the Pure Drive tennis racquet.
Magda’s total net worth as of today is around 4 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- At the junior level, she represented the local club Grunwald Poznań.
- Her favorite shot is the backhand.
- Her favorite surfaces to play on are hard courts and grass courts.
- Her favorite tournament is the Roland Garros
- The tennis idol she adored while growing up was Monica Seles.