Madison Keys was born on February 17 1995,in Rock Island Illinois. She is now a professional tennis player for the United States of America. Until now, she has 6 WTA singles titles to her credit.
When it comes to her playing style,she is known for her powerful forehand and aggressive play. She debuted in the top 10 of the WTA rankings in 2016, becoming the first American woman to achieve this since Serena Williams.
She is often referred to as a child prodigy of the game as she showed early signs of passion for the sport. Her coaches also believed that she had a good chance to win a major title due to her talent.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 7|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 26|
|Social media profile||Instagram @madisonkeys
Personal Information and Relationships
- Keys was born on February 17, 1995 in Rock Island which is one of the Quad Cities in northwestern Illinois to Rick and Christine.
- Her parents are both attorney’s and her father was also a Division III All-American college basketball player at Augustana College in Illinois.
- She has an older sister named Sydney and two younger sisters named Montana and Hunter but none of them play tennis.
- Keys had an interest in tennis right from the young age of 4 when she watched Wimbledon on television.
- Keys was fascinated with the tennis whites that Venus Williams wore and her parents told her that they would get her a dress like that if she picked up a tennis racquet.
- She enjoyed playing tennis so much that she began playing at the Quad-City Tennis Club in Moline.
- She started taking tennis lessons regularly at the age of seven and began competing in tournaments at the age of nine.
- When she was ten years old, she moved to Florida with her mother and younger sisters so that she could train at the Evert Tennis Academy.
- She is currently coached by Georgi Rumenov
- Keys turned professional in 2009 at the age of 14 and made her debut at the Ponte Vedra Beach Championships, where she defeated Alla Kudryavtseva.
- She reached her first WTA semifinal in 2013 at the Japan Open where she lost to Samantha Stosur
- In 2014, Keys won her first WTA title at the Eastbourne International where she defeated Jelena Janković in the first round and Kerber in the final.The title made the 19-year-old Keys the youngest American titleist since Vania King in 2006 and the first teenage titleist since Caroline Wozniacki in 2009.
- In 2016, Keys reached the final at the Italian Open which was her first final at a Premier 5 event and the biggest of her career so far. During this event, she defeated Petra Kvitová and Garbiñe Muguruza but lost the final to Serena Williams.
- She followed this up at the French Open in the same year where she won her first three matches in straight sets before unexpectedly losing to Kiki Bertens in the fourth round.
- In 2017, Keys had surgery to repair her injured left wrist and did not return to tennis for quite some time.
- In 2018, she once again reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open but lost to Kerber.
- In 2020, she reached the finals at the Brisbane International where she defeated Samantha Stosur and Petra Kvitová but eventually lost to Karolína Plíšková in a tight three-set match.
- In 2021, She made her debut at the US Open in mixed doubles with her boyfriend Bjorn Fratangelo.
- In 2022, at the Australian Open, she reached the semi-finals by defeating Sofia Kenin, Paula Badosa and Barbora Krejčíková but she lost to Ashleigh Barty in the semifinals
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 14,168,518 million US$ from her participation in different championships. In the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 948,620.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Keys is sponsored by Nike for all her clothing and footwear needs on the court.
- Her tennis racquets are sponsored by Wilson and she uses the Ultra Tour model
- Keys is the first American ambassador for the French water company, Evian.
- She is also associated with the contact lens brand Acuvue.
- She is also tied up with Orangetheory Fitness, a boutique studio fitness franchise based in Boca Raton where Keys is a resident.
Keys’ total net worth as of today is 10 million US$.
- Her tennis idols include Roger Federer and the Williams sisters.
- Keys is an ambassador for Fearlessly Girl, an organization dedicated to fighting bullying and cyber-bullying, with a focus on reaching out to high school girls
- In February 2020, Keys relaunched Fearlessly Girl into a nonprofit organization called Kindness Wins.
- Her charity, Kindness Wins is a platform for kindness, with special emphasis on kindness to self, kindness to youth and kindness to others in times of struggle.
- She is dating American tennis player Bjorn Fratangelo.
- Her favorite food is tacos
- Her favorite movie is Imitation Game
- Her favorite singer is Beyoncé
- Her favorite types of music are hip-hop, pop, rap and country
- She also enjoys interior design, plants, baking, friends and family, watching TV and shopping