Kristina Mladenovic was born on May 14 1993, in Saint-Pol-sur-Mer in northern France. She is now a professional tennis player for France. Until now, she has 1 WTA singles title which she won at the 2017 St Petersburg Trophy and she also has 24 WTA doubles titles to her credit.
Mladenovic has also represented France in the Billie Jean King Cup since 2012, and she was a part of the team which won the competition in 2019. She has also competed at the Olympic Games thrice so far.
When it comes to her playing style, Mladenovic employs an all-court playing style by using variety along with her baseline play to win points. She has a strong forehand and is capable of hitting this shot both flat and with topspin.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 10|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 100|
|Social media profile||Instagram @kristinamladenovic93
Personal Information and Relationships
- Kristina Mladenovic was born on May 14 1993, in Saint-Pol-sur-Mer in northern France to Dragan Mladenović and Dženita Helić.
- Her father is of Kosovo Serb origin and her mother is of Bosniak origin.
- Mladenovic also has a brother named Luka who is a soccer player.
- It is no wonder that Kristina was interested in sports from a young age as her father was a Yugoslav handball player and her mother was a volleyball player.
- In fact, Dragan was signed by Dunkerque HGL in 1992, so the family moved to France and soon became French citizens.
- She began playing tennis at the age of 8.
- She is currently coached by her mother.
- Mladenovic made her professional debut in 2009 at the Australian Open.
- Mladenovic played for France at the 2011 Hopman Cup along with Nicolas Mahut.
- In 2011, she won her first Senior title at a $25k tournament in Sutton where she defeated Mona Barthel in the final.
- Soon after this, she won in Stockholm by defeating Arantxa Rus in the final.
- In 2012, Mladenovic won her first WTA Tour title in doubles at the Rogers Cup in Montreal when she and Klaudia Jans-Ignacik won the title.
- She then reached the third round of the US Open by defeating Pavlyuchenkova.
- In the same year, Mladenovic won her second WTA doubles title at the Bell Classic along with Tatjana Malek.
- She had an excellent run at the Taipei Ladies Open where she won her first-ever WTA 125k event and even took the doubles crown.
- In 2013, at the US Open, she beat Anabel Medina Garrigues in the first round but then lost to Jamie Hampton in the next round.
- In the same year, she captured her first Grand Slam title in mixed doubles at Wimbledon by partnering with Daniel Nestor.
- In 2014, at the Australian Open, she partnered with Nestor once again to win her second mixed-doubles title.
- In 2015, she reached the singles final in Strasbourg which was her first-ever WTA Tour singles final, where she was unfortunately defeated by Samantha Stosur.
- In the same year, she reached the quarterfinals at the US Open by defeating Svetlana Kuznetsova, Bojana Jovanovski, Daria Kasatkina and Ekaterina Makarova en route before losing to Roberta Vinci in the quarterfinals.
- In 2017, she won the first WTA Tour singles title of her career at the St. Petersburg Ladies’ Trophy. As a result, she became the first Frenchwoman to win a WTA Premier singles title since Marion Bartoli in June 2011.
- She was not able to defend her title at the St. Petersburg Ladies’ Trophy the following year and lost to Petra Kvitova in straight sets.
- In 2021, she reached the final of the Italian Open by partnering with Markéta Vondroušová.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 12,534,315 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022, she has earned around US$ 175,270 so far.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Kristina’s clothing and footwear on the court are sponsored by Adidas.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Wilson. She specifically endorses the Wilson Ultra range of racquets.
Kristina’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 5 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Her favorite surface to play on is grass.
- She speaks French, English, Serbian, Italian, Spanish and a bit of Russian.
- She also enjoys playing volleyball and beach volleyball.
- In 2017, Mladenovic was nominated for February’s WTA Shot of the Month, WTA Breakthrough Player of the Month, and WTA Player of the Month.
- She dated Austrian tennis player Dominic Thiem from mid-2017 but they, unfortunately, split up in November 2019.
- She currently resides in Dubai, UAE.