Jil Teichmann was born on July 15th 1997, in Barcelona Spain but she is originally from Zurich Switzerland. She is now a professional tennis player for Switzerland.
Until now, she has 2 WTA singles and 1 WTA doubles title to her credit. She also has one doubles title at WTA 125 tournaments, along with six singles and five doubles titles on the ITF Circuit. She has a career high ranking of world no 31 in singles and no 81 in doubles and is even a former junior world No. 3.
Jil Teichmann excelled as a junior tennis player and made her debut on the ITF Junior Circuit in February 2011. She won her first junior title at the Grade-5 Luzern Junior Competition in singles. She then went on to win the 2014 US Open girls’ doubles title along with İpek Soylu. She ended her junior career at the 2015 European Junior Championships, where she reached the final in singles. Overall as a junior, she won one singles and eight doubles titles in total.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 31|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 37|
|Social media profile||Instagram @jilteich
Personal Information and Relationships
- Jil Teichmann was born on 15th July 1997 in Barcelona Spain to mother Regula and father Jacques.
- Her parents are originally from Zurich Switzerland but Jil was born and raised in Barcelona.
- She has always loved playing sports but chose to play tennis professionally as she felt she was the best at that.
- As a junior, at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics in China, she won the gold medal in mixed doubles by partnering with Jan Zieliński.
- Teichmann is currently coached by Arantxa Parra Santonja and she was previously coached by Alberto Martin.
- Her physiotherapist is Francisco Perez and her fitness trainer is Toni Martinez
- Teichmann made her professional debut at the ITF Women’s Circuit at the $10K event in Kreuzlingen in February 2013.
- In 2015, she won her first ITF title at the $15K event in Braunschweig where she defeated Ekaterina Alexandrova in the final.
- IN 2016, she made her WTA Tour debut, playing at the Internationaux de Strasbourg.
- She also made her Grand Slam tournament debut at the 2016 US Open but failed to reach the main draw.
- At the 2018 US Open, she made her Grand Slam main-draw debut and also recorded her first win on that level.
- In 2019, Teichmann won her first WTA Tour singles title when she won the Prague Open. The win took her into the top 100 of the WTA rankings. She also won the Palermo International, securing her first top 10 win over Kiki Bertens in the final.
- In 2021, at the WTA 1000 Cincinnati Open, Teichmann reached the final defeating Naomi Osaka. She then defeated Belinda Bencic in the quarterfinals and Karolina Pliskova in the semifinals to reach the biggest final in her career.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around $1,849,1087 from her participation in different championships.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Teichmann is sponsored by Lacoste for all her apparel and footwear on the court.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by the famous company Head.
- She is also associated with corner card
- She is also tied up with Fromm, a company that develops systems for the unification and classification of goods for transportation.
Teichmann’s total net worth as of today is 2.5 million US$. While there is no absolute confirmation on this figure, it is very likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her various endorsements.
- Jil Teichmann speaks five different languages
- Her favorite surface is clay
- Her favourite tournament is the Australian Open
- She has two dogs, Freddy and Baschi
- Her nickname is Jily
- She enjoys spending time with friends
- Her hobbies are swimming, listening to music and playing soccer
- Her favorite tennis player is Jennifer Brady.
- Her favorite color is white
- Despite being born in Barcelona, Teichmann does not have a Spanish passport
- She currently resides in Biel Switzerland