Iga Swiatek is a Polish player who has risen to top ranks swiftly since she was introduced to the game of tennis when she was still a child. Her father is a sportsman too and has certainly had an influence on the way this young player has performed over the years. She is the youngest player in the Top 10 of the WTA rankings. Her win of the 2020 French Open made her the first Polish player to ever win a Grand Slam singles title. She is also the youngest player since Rafael Nadal to win the French Open. She led her country in the Junior Fed Cup of 2016 and also won a Gold Medal for Poland at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
|Highest ranking (singles)||No. 4|
|Current ranking (singles)||No. 4|
|Social media profile||Instagram @iga.swiatek|
Personal Information and Relationships
- She seems to be a private person, so not much is known about her private life.
- She was born on May 31 2001 in Warsaw, Poland.
- Her father was a rower and even participated in the 1988 Seoul Olympics.
- Her mother is an orthodontist.
- She spent most of her childhood in the Polish capital city.
- She has an older sister Agatha who is three years older than her.
- Her elder sister is an orthodontist, taking after their mother.
- Agatha was inclined towards tennis too and advanced up to the ITF level, but gave it up after she suffered multiple injuries due to the game.
- She is close to her family and circle of friends.
- It seems that she is currently single and totally focused on her career.
- There is not much news on her past relationships as well.
- She began her career by competing in the junior ITF circuit and was World No. 5 by the end of the year.
- Between the years 2016 – 18, she remained undefeated in seven ITF finals which gave her the chance to break into the Top 200 rankings.
- She faced her first WTA final in the year 2019 and also made her debut in the Top 50 WTA rankings. Despite undergoing foot surgery that year she finished at the No. 61 spot.
- In 2020, she finally got her big win by claiming the French Open trophy. Her combined performances in the year, allowed her to break into the Top 20 zone as well.
- In 2021, she entered the Top 15 when she claimed the Australian Open without dropping a single set against opponents.
- She also won her first career WTA 1000 title at the Italian Open that year.
- She also reached the Finals of the French Open in the doubles category and established herself at No. 4 in the world rankings.
Prize Money Earnings
As of now, Iga has amassed a fortune of US$ 4,898,553 until now by participating in various tournaments.
She is currently ranked at No. 9 and has a win-loss ratio of 7:1 in the year 2021. Considering these facts, this amount is set to grow substantially in the time to come.
Endorsements and Sponsors
This budding star seems to have a long list of companies ready to sponsor her. She is also tied up in various endorsements that contribute to her growing wealth.
- She began her association with the sports company Asics in the year 2020. In 2021 the deal was not only renewed but also upgraded.
- The Chinese company Xiaomi made her the brand ambassador for their products in early 2021.
- Tecnifibre is a French racquet manufacturing company that sponsors her racquets.
- PZU is a Polish insurance company that the tennis star is currently associated with.
- She is also associated with the Japanese manufactured Toyota Lexus, since her junior days in the game.
- She is also the first female brand ambassador for the Austrian energy drink maker and distributor, Red Bull.
- She is also associated with the Swiss luxury watchmaker, Rolex.
Her net worth is estimated to be around 4 million US $ in today’s times. Again, this amount is set to grow in the time to come as she seems to be improving at the game.
- She is a cat enthusiast and is extremely fond of her black cat, named Grappa.
- She likes to read books as well.
- She is also fond of music and listens to rock music before her matches. Her favorite bands seem to be Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers and AC/DC.
- Iga was only 19 when she began appearing in professional tennis matches, so she did have an early start to the game.
- It is rumored that sibling rivalry led her to her passion for playing tennis. When her older sister began experimenting with the game, Iga took it up too, to try and beat her at it.
- She has credited her psychologist Daria Abramowicz for many of her victories.
- Daria often accompanies her on tournaments as well.