Hubert Hurkacz is a Polish tennis player. He has ranked as high as No. 9 in the ATP rankings. Obviously, he is one of the most popular professional tennis players in his country and has been applauded by the government of Poland and his fellow countrymen for all his efforts. He is currently the highest-ranking Polish man in singles history. On the doubles front too, he is not far behind. He has a ranking of World No.44 and has won a couple of international events as well.
He is an all-court player and possesses a strong serve and effective one-two punches. He has also incorporated the use of netplay in his games.
|Highest ranking (singles)||No. 9|
|Current ranking (singles||No. 11|
|Social media profile||Instagram @hubihurkacz|
Personal Information and Relationships
- Hubert was born in the Polish city of Wroclaw on the 11th of February 1997.
- He was followed by a younger sister, a decade later.
- His younger sister, Nika is also a tennis enthusiast.
- He was surrounded by masters of the game, right from his birth, which might have influenced his decision to pursue the game professionally.
- His mother was a junior tennis champion, while one of his uncles is a famous professional tennis player, back in Poland.
- In addition, his grandfather played volleyball at a professional level.
- He was introduced to the game at the tender age of five years old when he would observe his mother practicing tennis.
- His parents were his initial coaches, but they soon realized that he had a natural penchant for the game and enrolled him in professional training.
- He seems to be single at the moment, and totally committed to bettering his form.
- There is also not much information regarding any previous relationships.
- After turning professional, he reached the Grand Slam and ATP main draw events in the year 2018.
- In 2019, he claimed his first ATP title win and also made it to the Top 40.
- 2020 gave him his first Master’s doubles title which also allowed him to break into the Top 30 world ranking list.
- In 2021, he claimed the Miami Open, which was his first Masters singles title. This boosted him to an all-time high career ranking of No. 16.
- He also reached the Grand Slam final and an ATP final in the same year, but sadly was ousted in the final match in both tournaments.
- His excellent performance in the year 2021 also helped him climb the ranks and break into the Top 10 rankings.
Prize Money Earnings
It is reported that so far he has picked up an amount of US$ 2,626,860.
Since this is just the beginning of his career, we can only imagine the extent to which this amount is expected to inflate if Hubert continues on a similar trajectory.
Endorsements and Sponsorships
- Yonex sponsors his tennis racquets and outfits while he is on the court. He has also been seen promoting the brand outside tournaments.
- He is the brand ambassador for the National Tennis Promotion Programme in the country.
Hubert has an estimated net worth of 2 million US$.
- Hubert is the highest-ranking Polish tennis player in history when it comes to the singles category. This in itself is quite an accomplishment.
- He is also the first Pole to win a Masters 1000 title. He added this feather to his cap when he won the 2021 Miami Open.
- Hubert has been known to credit his family for motivating him towards playing the sport. He has credited his genes and love for the sport to be something that he got from his family, which has had a significant effect on his rise in the game.
- Growing up, he would watch Roger Federer’s games on television and that motivated him to take up tennis professionally.
- He has stated that if it was not for tennis, he would have made a career out of basketball, car racing or just carried on with his education.
- Due to his dedication to the sport and his natural flair for it, by the year 2014, he had established himself as a serious contender. He was butting heads with the likes of Majchrzak and Zielinski.
- He is also the principal partner of oil-based Polish company Grupa Lotus.
- As a child, he was passionate about cars, and that has continued into adulthood. His favorite car is the McLaren GT.