Heather Watson has won a total of nine titles during her tennis career. This includes the mixed doubles title she won in 2016 at the Wimbledon Championships where she played with Henri Kontinen. Heather was born on 19th May 1992.
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Plays||Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)|
|Highest Ranking (Singles)||No. 38 (19 January 2015)|
|Current Ranking (Singles)||No. 104 (11 April 2022)|
|Social Media Profile||Instagram: @heatherwatson92|
Personal Information and Relationships
- Heather Watson was born in Saint Peter Port, Guernsey.
- Heather was the first British woman to win a Grand Slam title after Durie in 1987.
- During her junior career, Watson won the US Open and gold at the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games.
- She had reached No. 3 in the world on the ITF Junior Circuit.
- In 2012 October, Heather Watson won her first WTA Tour singles title at the Japan Open, becoming the first British woman to win a WTA singles title since Sara Gomer in the year 1988.
- From 2016 to 2018, Watson was in a relationship with fellow Tennis player Lloyd Glasspool.
- Since late 2019, she has been in a relationship with Morecambe Footballer, Courtney Duffus.
- Heather Watson began competing on the ITF Women’s Circuit in March 2009.
- During that same year Watson for the very first time won her first ITF title.
- This brought her immense joy.
- Watson ended the 2009 season with a world singles ranking of No. 588.
- However in 2010 Heather Watson started with a wild card in London.
- Later that same year she also got another wild card into the main draw of the Miami Open.
- During this year Watson for the first time in her Tennis career competed on the WTA tour.
- Watson entered the first Grand Slam of her career, after receiving a wild card in the main draw of Wimbledon.
- Watson even got an opportunity to represent Guernsey at the Commonwealth Games, which she never missed.
- In 2011 Heather Watson qualified for the Auckland Open.
- During 2011 Watson qualified for the Charleston, Estoril Open and the French Open.
- In the French Open Heather Watson, gained her place in the main draw for the first time.
- At the start of 2012 Watson suffered from an ankle sprain. During this year Watson had a lot of ups and downs in her tennis career.
- 2013 made Watson reach a career high world ranking of 40.
- Later that same year Watson was forced to miss Great Britain’s Fed Cup Play off against Argentina after contracting Glandular fever.
- After she recovered her first game was the French Open.
- Watson then decided to change her coach and hired Jeremy Bates and won her first post Wimbledon match against Alexandra Mueller at the Washington Open.
- In 2015 Watson got her second title and loss to Serena Williams at the Wimbledon.
- By the end of 2016 Watson was ranked world No. 77.
- Heather Watson won the Battle of the Brits Premier League women’s event, held in December 2020.
- By the end of 2021 Heather reached world rank No. 73.
- 2021 Watson still is putting her best efforts on the Tennis grounds. With strong support and good motivation we will see the best of Heather Watson.
Prize Money Earnings
A total of US$ 4,623,918 sums up Heather Watson’s prize earnings.
Endorsement and sponsors
- The famous brand Dunlop Biomimetic 300 for racquets in 2011 has been endorsed by Heather Watson.
- At present she plays with the Dunlop Srixon CX 200 LS in 2012.
- Sometimes she also uses Babolat.
- British Player Heather Watson has an estimated worth of above $4 million as of 2022.
- Heather Watson began playing Tennis at the age of seven.Michelle, Heather’s mother who is from papua, lives with her in Florida.
- Heather has a half brother, Adam, and two half sisters, Stephanie and Julie.
- Heather describes her father as her idol.
- After winning in New York, Watson said “He is just always so calm, and he says no matter how I do, he’ll be proud of me”
- Heather has trained at the Nick Bollettieri tennis academy in Bradenton, Florida since 2004.
- Heather Watson’s schedule includes tennis from 06:45am until 11 am, school work from 1245pm to 4:30 pm and more tennis and homework in the evening.
- Heather Watson won gold at the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune, India by beating Kyra Shroff of India 6-1, 6-0.
- As a child Watson was a really good swimmer.