Greet Minnen was born on August 14 1997, in the Belgian city of Turnhout. She is now a professional tennis player for Belgium.
Until now, she has 2 WTA doubles titles to her credit and is yet to earn a singles title in the WTA. She also has 9 singles titles on the ITF Circuit.She has career-high WTA rankings of 69 in singles, achieved on 18 October 2021, and world No. 61 in doubles, attained on 21 February 2022.
Greet is today considered to be a rising star in tennis. Her skill,determination, resilience and persistence have been the qualities that have carried her to the top of the ranks and there is no doubt that she still has a long way to go. She is also one of the few tennis players who came out as a lesbian a few years ago and she along with her partner work towards better LGBT visibility on the court.
|Career titles (ITF Circuit)||9|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 69|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 79|
|Social media profile||Instagram @greetjeminnen
Personal Information and Relationships
- Greet Minnen was born on August 14 1997, in the Belgian city of Turnhout to Hans and Ann.
- She also has a brother named Toon.
- She had an interest in tennis right from a young age and was encouraged by her parents to pursue it.
- She trains in Antwerp, Belgium and currently lives in Turnhout, Belgium.
- She is currently coached by Ann Devries.
- Greet made her professional debut in 2015 at the ITF Circuit and won two singles titles in the same year.
- In 2016, she won yet another singles title on the ITF Circuit.
- She continued to play on the ITF Circuit in 2017.
- 2018 was a good year for Greet when she won four singles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In the same year, at the Luxembourg open, she won her maiden WTA title in doubles along with Alison Van Uytvanck by defeating Vera Lapko and Mandy Minella in the final in two sets.
- In 2019, she defeated Alize Cornet to reach the first quarterfinal of her career at Hobart followed by the quarter final at S-Hertogenbosch.
- In the same year, she also won one singles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2021, in Belgrade,she reached the doubles final by partnering with Van Uytvanck where they unfortunately lost to Alexandra Krunic and Nina Stojanovic.
- In the same year, she won the Luxembourg Open which was her second WTA doubles title, once again partnering with Van Uytvanck.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 1,144,226 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022, so far she has earned around US$ 150,026 and still has a long way to go
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Greet’s clothing and footwear on the court is sponsored by Lotto.
- Her tennis racquet is sponsored by Wilson.
- She is also associated with wcup nutrition since 2021.
Minnen’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 1.5 million US$. While there is no absolute confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her various endorsements.
- Greet came out as a lesbian some years ago and she actively works to bring more LGBT visibility in tennis.
- She has been in a relationship with Alison Van Uytvanck for the past 4 years since 2018 and they attribute their success in doubles on the court to the greater understanding between them.
- They got engaged on Christmas eve and shared the wonderful news of their engagement with their fans via their social media.
- Her hobbies include going out with friends for a bite, watching movies or walking her dog.
- Her favorite shots are her serve and forehand,
- Her favorite surface to play on is grass
- She also had a good career as a junior player where she reached the girls’ doubles final of the 2015 Australian Open, losing in two sets.