Elena-Gabriela Ruse was born on November 6 1997, in the Romanian capital city of Bucharest. She is now a professional tennis player for Romania.
Until now, she has 1 WTA singles title to her credit which she gained at the 2021 Hamburg European Open and is yet to win a doubles title. On the ITF Circuit, she has earned 6 singles and 10 doubles tournaments.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 55|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 55|
|Social media profile||Instagram @gabrielaruse
Personal Information and Relationships
- Elena-Gabriela Ruse was born on November 6 1997, in Bucharest, Romania.
- She comes from a sports background with her father being a football player and her mother being a former gymnast.
- She began playing tennis from the young age of 4 and was encouraged by her parents to pursue it as they felt she had a lot of talent.
- In fact, she enjoyed quite an illustrious career as a junior player between 2012-2015.
- During this time, she won two junior singles titles and eight junior doubles titles.
- Ruse also reached the semifinals of the 2014 Wimbledon girls’ singles event 2014.
- She is currently coached by Andrei Cociasu.
- Around mid-2015, Ruse made her WTA Tour main-draw debut in the doubles event at the Bucharest Open by partnering with Jaqueline Cristian.
- At the same event in singles, she won her first-round match against Alexandra Cadantu but lost her next match to Maria Sakkari.
- In December 2015, she won her first professional singles title at Antalya when she beat Ekaterine Gorgodze in the final, this performance enabled her to end the year ranked at No. 642 in singles and No. 575 in doubles.
- In 2016, at the $25k event in Sunrise, she reached the quarterfinals by defeating Laura Robson to get there.
- She then had a winning streak where she won ten singles matches and eight doubles matches in a row and even won two singles and two doubles titles at $10k events in Antalya.
- In the same year, she qualified for the $25k event in Chiasso, Switzerland where she reached the semifinals but unfortunately then lost to Amanda Carreras.
- In 2018, she qualified for her first Grand Slam main draw at Wimbledon.
- In 2019, she reached her first WTA tournament final in doubles at the Bucharest Open where she partnered again with Jaqueline Cristian. They were unfortunately defeated by Viktória Kužmová and Kristýna Plíšková in the championship match.
- In 2021, she won her maiden WTA Tour singles title at the Hamburg European Open, where she defeated Andrea Petkovic in the final. This performance enabled her to enter the top 150 in singles for the first time and she ranked at no 133.
- In the same year, at the Palermo Open, she once again reached the final where she lost to Danielle Collins.
- She also qualified for the US Open but lost in the first round to Markéta Vondroušová.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 841,129US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 203,538.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Elena-Gabriels’s clothing and footwear on the court are sponsored by Adidas.
- Her tennis racquets are sponsored by Yonex and she uses the Vcore 100 tennis racquet.
Ruse’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 3 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this particular figure, it is quite likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money from her various tournaments and also from her endorsements.
- She currently lives in Bucharest and trains there itself.
- Her tennis idol is Simona Halep and she admires the strength she displays.
- She enjoys reading books and watching movies with friends.
- She also loves making desserts when she has the time to do so.
- She spends most of the time off the court by listening to music on her phone, she claims it makes her feel relaxed, especially before a match.
- She describes herself as being very ambitious.
- Ruse is a great singer as well and even considered singing as her career path but when she was 13 years old, she committed her sole focus to tennis.