Dayana Yastremska was born on May 15, 2000, in the city of Odessa in Ukraine. She is now a professional tennis player for Ukraine. Until now, she has 3 WTA singles titles to her credit.
She also had an illustrious junior career where she was crowned runner-up at the 12-and-under Junior Orange Bowl in 2012. She then made her debut at the age of 13 on the ITF Junior Circuit.
Yastremska made her junior Grand Slam debut at the 2016 Australian Open, where she reached the singles quarterfinals. In doubles, she partnered with Anastasia Zarycká and made it to the final where they lost to Anna Kalinskaya and Tereza Mihalíková.
Yastremska concluded her junior career at Wimbledon where she reached the final and finished runner-up to Anastasia Potapova, this enabled her to reach a career-high junior ranking of No. 6 in the world.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 21|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 80|
|Social media profile||Instagram @dayana_yastremska
Personal Information and Relationships
- Dayana Yastremska was born on 15 May 2000 in Odessa Ukraine to Marina and Alexander Yastremsky.
- She also has a younger sister named Ivanna.
- Her father was a volleyball player and thus Dayana was interested in sports from a very young age.
- At the age of 5, her grandfather Ivan introduced her to tennis.
- At the age of 12, she decided to focus on tennis and pursue it as a career.
- Dayana has been coached by Sascha Bajin and Olivier Jeunehomme in the past.However, she is currently without a coach.
- Dayana made her professional debut on the ITF Circuit in 2015.
- She won her first ITF singles title in 2016 at the $25K event in Campinas, Brazil, where she defeated Alizé Lim in the final.
- Soon after that, she made her WTA main draw debut at the İstanbul Cup.
- She had better luck in doubles on the ITF Circuit in 2017 where she partnered with Anastasia Potapova to win the $80K Prague Open as well as two other titles.
- In 2018, she won her maiden WTA title at the Hong Kong Open where. She defeated Zhang Shuai in the semifinal and Wang Qiang in the final.
- In 2019, she won her second WTA title at the Hua Hin Championships in Thailand. She defeated Ajla Tomljanović in the final.
- In the same year, she won her third title at the Internationaux de Strasbourg where she defeated Caroline Garcia in the final.
- Soon after that, she reached the fourth round at Wimbledon which is her best Grand Slam result to date where she lost to Zhang Shuai.
- She also reached the quarterfinal at the Wuhan Open where she defeated Karolína Plíšková en route but lost to Petra Kvitová.
- In 2020, She reached the final at the Premier-level Adelaide International where she defeated Aryna Sabalenka before losing the final to Ashleigh Barty.
- In the same year at the Australian Open she beat Kaja Juvan in the first round but lost to Caroline Wozniacki in the second round.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 2,584,160 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022, she has earned around US$ 2,584,160 so far.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Dayana’s clothing and footwear on the court were sponsored by Nike up to 2019.
- She is now sponsored by Yonex for her clothing, footwear as well as tennis racquets.
Dayana’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 5 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Yastremska’s mother suffered an eye injury after a champagne bottle that she was holding exploded unexpectedly at the 2019 Australian Open. Due to this, Yastremska dedicated her title at the Hua Hin Championships to her mother.
- Yastremska began a music career in 2020. She released her first single which was called Thousands of Me, in May and a dance song soon after that called “Favorite Track”.