Danielle Collins was born on December 13 1983, in St Petersburg, Florida. She is now a professional tennis player for the United States of America. Until now, she has 2 WTA singles titles which she earned at the 2021 Palermo Open and the 2021 Silicon Valley Classic.
Collins won both these tiles back-to-back in the July-August 2021 period, embarking on a career-best 12-match winning streak during that stretch. She also has 4 ITF titles. Her career-high ranking is No.23 which she achieved on 28th January 2019.
Collins employs a highly aggressive playing style that has been described as “fearless” and “fun to watch”.She has a powerful serve, and strong groundstrokes on both wings, making her one of the hardest hitters on the WTA Tour. Her style allows her to hit a high number of winners, but also a considerable number of high-risk unforced errors. Her greatest strengths are her kick serve, her inside-out forehand, and her strong backhand. In fact, her double-handed backhand is stronger than her forehand.
She also possesses strong volleying skills, allowing her to hit winners from any position on the court. Collins has shown tremendous improvement on the WTA tour over the past few years in spite of having major health issues. She showed her determination to play tennis by performing exceptionally well at the 2022 Australian Open. The American tennis star defeated the likes of Elise Mertens, Alize Cornet, and Iga Swiatek to reach the final.
Just recently Collins had to undergo surgery to treat endometriosis which caused her to stay away from the game for several months. However, her comeback was epic as she won two titles which boosted her confidence immensely ahead of the 2022 WTA tour.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 10|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 11|
|Social media profile||Instagram @danimalcollins
Personal Information and Relationships
- Collins was born to Walter and Cathy in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- She has an older brother named Joel.
- Collins was first introduced to tennis by her father, who used to play the sport for recreation and also coached his daughter.
- In 2019, Collins revealed she had been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes pain and swelling in the body’s joints, severely affecting her playing ability.
- Collins played collegiate tennis at the University of Virginia where she won the collegiate national title in 2014 and 2016. In fact, she did not play any other matches while she was playing tennis in college.
- She turned professional in 2016
- She won her first ITF singles title in 2011.
- In 2018, Collins played in the main draw of all the Grand Slams except the Australian Open and also managed a semi-final finish at the Miami Open.
- Her breakthrough came at the 2019 Australian Open, where she reached the semifinals, defeating world No. 2 Angelique Kerber.
- In 2021, the American won two WTA titles and finished the year ranked No. 29, which was her best year-end ranking to date.
- She began in 2022 at the Australian Open against Caroline Dolehide, which she won. She then managed to reach the quarter-finals after defeating Elise Mertens in the fourth round. Collins then went on to defeat Alize Cornet thus cementing her place in the semi-final.
Prize Money Earnings
Collins has earned a total of around US$ 4,966,711 from her participation in different championships.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Her tennis racquets are provided by the French company Babolat and she plays with the Babolat pure aero tennis racquet.
- She is also sponsored by Dynasty Financial Partners which is a wealth advisory firm. She wears the firm’s logo on her clothing.
- Danielle even has her own jewellery line called Danielle Collins Jewelry. It is created in partnership with the jewelry company, Ritani.
- While she does not have a single company as her clothing sponsor, New Balance, Head, and ROKiT are all among her current sponsors and so she is frequently seen in new balance Fresh Foam Sneakers Lav B on the court.
Danielle Collin’s current net worth amounts to over $5 million. She has accumulated this fortune mostly with tournament wins. A major chunk of this fortune is received by her not only for her amazing skills but also her promising performances.
- She received the Honda Sports Award as the nation’s best female tennis player in 2016.
- Danielle Collins was the runner-up of the 2022 Australian Open.
- Collins played her first season with World TeamTennis in 2019 with Billie Jean King’s Philadelphia Freedoms. She started the 2020 season on the Orlando Storm roster which began July 12 but was dismissed from the league after leaving the state and breaching COVID-19 safety protocols.
- She enjoys going to the beach, fishing and running.
- She does not believe in big purchases and so she lives in a cozy house along with her family in Florida.