Clara Tauson was born on December 21 2002, in Copenhagen Denmark. She is now a Danish professional tennis player. Until now, she has 2 WTA singles and 1 WTA challenger titles and two ITF Circuit tournament wins to her credit.
Clara comes from a sporting family. Her uncle Michael Tauson is a former ATP world no 101 and both her parents are also into sports.It is therefore no wonder that she began playing tennis at the young age of 6 and the talent she displayed was astounding.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 33|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 40|
|Social media profile||Instagram @claratauson
Personal Information and Relationships
- Clara was born on 21st December 2002 in Gentofte Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark to Soren and Tina Lindgaard Tauson.
- She has a sister named Caroline Groth Tauson
- Tauson’s father, Soren, was a professional hockey player, and her mother was an elite handball player.
- Clara was always destined for tennis, her uncle Michael Tauson, was a former ATP world No 101 who had a 27-26 record on tour.
- Clara started hitting tennis balls when she was six years old and showed plenty of promise from an early age and is often referred to as a tennis prodigy.
- At Age 10 she left her local school to attend another one which focused more on tennis training and she soon began playing in junior tournaments.
- With financial support from her family, she began playing in professional tournaments in 2017.
- She won nine singles on the ITF Junior Circuit with the Australian Open 2019 title between 2016 and 2019
- In 2019, she became a tennis professional player full time and attended Justine Henin’s academy in Belgium.
- She is currently coached by Oliver Jeunehomme
- Tauson is a Powerful Baseliner. She is able to produce a high number of winners from her forehand and backhand to overpower her opponents.
- She possesses a reliable serve and good movement on the court as well.
- Tauson entered her first WTA tournament at the 2019 Ladies Open in Lugano. Here she reached the main draw but sadly lost her first-round match against Evgeniya Rodina of Russia.
- In September 2020, Tauson finally entered the world’s top 200 and enabled her to enter the French Open qualifying.
- She made her senior Grand Slam debut at the French Open of 2020 which was rescheduled due to Covid 19, where she beat world number 25 Jennifer Brady in the first round,but unfortunately lost to Danielle Collins in the second.
- Tauson won her first WTA Tour title in February 2021 at the Lyon Open after entering the tournament as a qualifier.she beat Ekaterina Alexandrova in the semifinal and Viktorija Golubic in the final.This win enabled her to enter the top 100 for the first time, becoming the second-youngest player in the top 100 behind Coco Gauff.
- Tauson won her second WTA title at the 2021 Luxembourg Open defeating Jeļena Ostapenko in the final. Her impressive results propelled her into the world’s top 50 for the first time.
- Clara began the 2022 season at the Australian Open. She beat both Astra Sharma and Anett Kontaveit to reach the third round, where she ultimately lost to Danielle Collins in three sets.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 883,167 US$ from her participation in different championships. In the year 2022 alone, she collected around 267,421 US$.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Clara has a clothing and shoe sponsorship contract with Adidas since 2022, Previously, she was sponsored by Yonex for her clothing and shoes.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by the famous companyYonex and She currently uses the Yonex VCORE 100 racquet.
Tauson’s total net worth as of today is around 5 million US$. While there is no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- She became the youngest Danish Champion at the age of 13.
- Her hobbies include Online gaming and playing tennis.
- Her tennis idols are Petra Kvitova and Simona Halep.
- Tauson enjoys catching up with friends and watching some of the latest crime dramas.
- Her favorite tv show is The Blacklist
- Tauson’s best shot is her forehand
- her best surface to play is clay