Caroline Garcia, The French professional Tennis player was born on 16th October 1993. Playing for France at the Fed cup, Garcia was awarded a Heart Award for her sportsmanship, and led her country to the 2016 Fed cup final. This was the first finals since 2005.
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Plays||Right Handed (two handed backhand)|
|Highest Ranking (Singles)||No. 4 (10 September 2018)|
|Current Ranking (Singles)||No. 60 (7 February 2022)|
|Social Media Profile||Instagram: @carogarcia
Official Website : www.caro-garcia.com
Personal Information and Relationship
- Caroline Garcia, the French professional has won a total of seven singles and six doubles titles on the WTA Tour.
- One single and one doubles title on the WTA 125 K series.
- As well as one singles title and four doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- On 10th September 2018, Garcia reached her best singles ranking of world No. 4.
- And on 24th October 2016 she peaked at No. 2 in the WTA doubles rankings, tied with fellow French woman Kristina Mladenovic.
- Garcia was coached by Louis Paul Garcia and Gabriel Urpi.
- Garcia’s breakthrough in doubles arose when she was paired with Mladenovic in 2016.
- Together they won four titles together, the biggest being the French Open Title.
- They were the 2016 WTA team of the year.
- In 2011 Caroline Garcia made entry into the French Open as a wildcard.
- Looking at her performance Andy Murray commented, “ this girl is going to be number one in the world one day………. What a player”.
- In 2013, Garcia qualified for Wimbledon.
- By the end of 2013 Garca reached the world’s top 70 for the first time.
- In 2014 at the Sony Open, Garcia was the only player to win a set against the famous Serena Williams.
- By the end of 2014 Garcia moved up in her career world ranking to No. 36.
- In 2016 At the Fed cup However Garcia rebounded and helped France in their tie against Italy, earning singles wins over Sara Errani and Camila Giorgi.
- Later in that same year, In May Garcia won her first Premier Mandatory / Premier – 5 doubles title at the Madrid Open, Partnering Mladenovic.
- In that same year Garcia also won the Internationaux de Strasbourg singles title.
- Carolina Garcia and Ekaterina Makarova became the first Women’s all French pair to win the French Open women’s doubles Title, since 1971.
- On 19th June Garcia won her second WTA singles title of 2016.
- In 2017, Garcia had announced that she would not take part in the Fed Cup, as she wanted to focus on her singles career.
- Garcia won her biggest singles title at the Wuhan Open.
- In 2019, Garcia helped France win the 2019 Fed Cup.
- Carlina Garcia began 2020 with average results.
- In 2021 Garcia announced her new coach and thus stopped her partnership with her dad who coached her earlier.
Prize Money Earnings.
With a lot of struggle, dedication and hardwork Carolina has a total prize money earnings of US $ 11, 330,824. This is still a decent amount i would have to say.
Endorsement and Sponsors.
- Carolina Garcia is sponsored by Asics for her clothing and by Yonex for her racquets.
- She uses the Yonex VCORE SV 100 racquet.
- Garcia is also a spokeswoman for Sothys, a French cosmetics company.
- Proving her Talent on the Tennis Field, Carolina Garcia has a net worth of Approximately US $ 40 Million
- Louis Paul Garcia is Carolina’s father and former coach till 2021.
- Marylene Garcia is her mother.
- Blessed with a classical technique and a solid all round game, Garcia has hovered around the top 10 rankings in singles for a while and this is expected to challenge for the big titles for the years to come.
- Carolina is a Libra.
- Garcia is known to be an aggressive player who uses carefully measured shots from the baseline to move her opponents around the court.