Cameron Norrie is a British professional tennis player. He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, but currently holds dual citizenship in both South Africa and Great Britain. He is currently the No.1 in men’s singles in Britain. His prowess in the game of tennis seems to be in both singles and doubles categories, this is proven in the fact that he has three ATP singles and one doubles title to his credit. Though this talented sportsman has not won a single Grand Slam title to date, it is only a matter of time before he is set to break new records and rise to the top.
|Highest ranking (singles)||12|
|Current ranking (singles)||12|
|Social media profile||Twitter @cam_norrie
Personal Information and Relationships
- Norrie was born in Johannesburg, South Africa in 1995.
- His father is Scottish, from Glasgow while his mother is Welsh.
- His parents are microbiologists and both of them identified his passion for the sport at a young age and supported him to take up further training for the same.
- It is rumored that both his parents used to play squash at the university level.
- An unpleasant incident in 1998, motivated his parents to shift to Auckland, New Zealand.
- His house was burgled and his parents decided that they wanted to move out of South Africa.
- Noorie was only three years old at the time of the move.
- At the age of 16, he moved to London. He lived in the city for three years.
- From 2014 – to 2017 he attended Texas Christian University at Fort Worth.
- There seems to be no confirmation, but it is widely assumed that Cameron is currently dating his longtime friend, Louise Jacobi.
- They have been together for a couple of years, but are neither married nor do they have any children together.
- He began playing tennis at the university level in the year 2014 and showed great promise. He won a number of tournaments and even claimed the title of “All-American” thrice.
- He swept up the titles of USA Futures F21 and USA Futures F23 IN 2016, which propelled him forwards in the rankings.
- In 2017, he reached the semi final level of the Maui Challenger and was also awarded a wildcard for the Wimbledon. He was also awarded his first Challenger title at Binghamton in the same year.
- In 2018, he was picked up for the Davis Cup, for the first time. He also reached the ATP semifinal at Lyon that year.
- At the 2019 Auckland Open, he arrived at his first ever ATP final match. He also entered into the Top 50 zone of rankings that year which is quite something as he had only begun playing professionally a while ago.
- The Los Cabos Open is where Norrie won his first ATP title. In the same year, he claimed his first Masters 1000 title at Indian Wells. This achievement pushed him into the Top 20 rankings.
- In 2022 he claimed his third career singles title at the Delray Beach Open. He also managed to reach the Acapulco ATP final in the same year but lost to Rafael Nadal.
Prize Money Earnings
The total prize money Cameron has collected so far is a cool 5,346,912 US$. Keeping in mind that he has age on his side and is yet to rise ahead in the ranks of tennis, this amount is set to grow by leaps and bounds for him.
Endorsements and Sponsorships
- All his racquets on the court are sponsored by the ace racquet maker Babolat.
- K-Swiss is the company that sponsors his shoes and apparel.
- Rado is a luxury watch manufacturing company that he is tied up with as well.
It is always difficult to decide the specific net worth of a player, but sources reveal that Cameron’s net worth is placed somewhere around 3.6 million US$. Much of this money comes from the numerous tournaments that he wins, while the remaining half comes from the endorsement deals he is tied up with.
- He is a supporter of the Rugby team, South Sydney Rabbitohs.
- He also supports other rugby teams like All Blacks and Newcastle United.
- His zodiac sign is Leo.
- Surprisingly, he is yet to win a Grand Slam. He has only been able to make it to the third round of all the Grand Slams that he has made an appearance in, so far.
- It has also been reported that the player enjoys a day at the beach during his time off and has great fun surfing.
- As far as his playing style is concerned, he is described as a modern counter-puncher. There is a great variation in his groundstrokes, which keeps his opponents confused and alert.