Anna Karolina Schmiedlova was born on September 13 1994, in Kosice in eastern Slovakia. She is now a professional tennis player for Slovakia.
Until now, she has three singles titles on the WTA Tour to her credit, as well as one singles title on the WTA Challenger Tour. She has also earned 12 singles titles on the ITF Circuit. She reached her best singles ranking of world No. 26 on 12 October 2015.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 26|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 92|
|Social media profile||Instagram @akschmiedlova
Personal Information and Relationships
- Anna Karolina Schmiedlova was born on September 13 1994, in Kosice Slovakia to Yuraj and Martina.
- She also has two younger siblings, her brother Yuraj Jr. and her sister Kristina who was a highly ranked junior player who unfortunately ended her career at the age of 21.
- She began playing tennis at the young age of 7 years when her parents introduced her to the sport.
- While she did not like it in the beginning, she kept playing and grew to like it eventually.
- She decided to take it more seriously when she became the Under 12 No.1 in Slovakia due to her immense skill and talent for the sport.
- She now trains at the Slovak National Tennis Center.
- She is currently coached by Milan Martinec.
- Anna made her professional debut in 2010 on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2011, she won one singles title on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2012, she won five singles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- In 2013, she qualified for her first Grand Slam tournament at the French Open.
- She also reached the final of the $100,000 tournament in Biarritz where she lost to Stephanie Vogt.
- In 2014, she won the Empire Slovak Open in Trnava where she defeated Barbora Záhlavová-Strýcová in the final.
- She also reached the final of the Prague Open, where she lost to Heather Watson in straight sets.
- In the same year at the French Open, she defeated Zheng Jie in the first round followed by Venus Williams in the second round but she, unfortunately, lost to Garbiñe Muguruza in the third round.
- She had the biggest win of her career in 2015 at the Wuhan Open where she defeated Caroline Wozniacki, in three sets in the second round.
- She also reached her first WTA final at the Rio Open where she lost to Sara Errani.
- In the same year, she won her first WTA title at the Katowice Open, where she defeated Camila Giorgi in the final.
- She then won her second WTA title at the Bucharest Open, where she finally defeated Errani in the final.
- In 2016, she won her first match of the season at the Apia International Sydney where she beat Timea Bacsinszky in the first round. However, she was defeated in the second round by Monica Puig.
- In 2018, she won her third title in Bogotá, where she beat Lara Arruabarrena in the final.
- In 2020, at the French Open, She beat Venus Williams, in the first round followed by Victoria Azarenka in the second round to reach the third round for the first time since 2014 where she, unfortunately, lost to Nadia Podoroska.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 3,118,052 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 145,585.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Anna’s clothing and footwear on the court are sponsored by Nike.
- Her tennis racquets are sponsored by Wilson.
Anna’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 2 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- Anna’s favorite shot is the crosscourt backhand.
- Her favorite surface to play on is a hard court.
- Her favorite tournament is the Roland Garros.
- She enjoys biology, painting, photography and reading
- She describes herself as being very quiet and shy.
- Her fitness trainer is Ladislav Olasz.