Anhelina Kalinina was born on February 7 1997, in Nova Kakhovka which is a city in Kherson Oblast of southern Ukraine. She is now a professional tennis player for Ukraine.
Until now, she has won 15 singles titles and three doubles titles on the ITF Circuit. On 31 January 2022, she reached her career-high singles ranking of world No. 48. On 15 July 2019, she peaked at No. 196 in the WTA doubles rankings.
She is very often referred to as a child star of the game as she showed early signs of interest in the sport. In fact, Kalinina was part of the ITF Development Program as a junior and enjoyed a steady progression up to the WTA Tour.
As a junior in 2014, Kalinina partnered with Elizaveta Kulichkova and won the girls’ doubles tournament at the Australian Open, defeating Katie Boulter and Ivana Jorović in the final. She then reached the final of the Junior US Open, but unfortunately lost to Marie Bouzková.
|Career titles (ITF)||15|
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 42|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 42|
|Social media profile||Instagram @angie_kalinina
Personal Information and Relationships
- Anhelina Serhiyivna Kalinina was born on February 7 1997, in Nova Kakhovka.
- Anhelina began playing tennis at the tender age of 6 under the support and guidance of her parents, especially her mother Halyna who was also coaching her.
- She was coached by Dmitry Mazur along with her mother Halyna Kalinina.
- She is now coached by her husband, Anton Korchevskyi, a former junior player whose career was cut short due to a back injury.
- Anhelina made her professional debut at the 2018 US Open where she won three matches in the qualifying round. She first defeated Elena-Gabriela Ruse in the first qualifying round, followed by Tereza Martincová in round two, and finally Jaimee Fourlis. She then went on to win a Grand Slam match by beating Kathinka von Deichmann in three sets but then lost in the second round to Sloane Stephens.
- In 2021, at the French Open, she reached the second round as a qualifier, defeating three-time Grand Slam champion Angelique Kerber.
- In the same year, she won the $60k Montpellier and $100k Contrexéville trophies and moved her rating upwards from 125 to 95.
- In 2022, she made her debut in the top 50 at world No. 49, on 17 January 2022.
- In the same year at the Miami Open, she reached her highest ranking to date of 41.
Prize Money Earnings
So far Anhelina has earned a total of around 1,144,941 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022, so far she has earned around 228,650 US$ as prize money.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- Anhelina’s clothing and footwear on the court are provided by Lotto.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Yonex
Anhelina’s total net worth as of today is 10 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her various endorsements.
- She currently trains at the Empire Academy in Trnava Slovakia under the tutelage of Vladimir Platenik, the head coach of the academy.
- She has also previously worked with Dinara Safina who is a Russian former world No. 1 tennis player.
- She played the first ever event of her career at the ITF/Antalya 19-UR in 2012.
- Her tennis idol and inspiration is Li Na who she watched while growing up.
- Her favourite surface to play on is a hard court.
- She is an Aquarius and celebrates her birthday at the beginning of February.
- She is currently single and is focused on her career and does not have any romantic connections on social media.
- She resides in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Her hobbies include listening to music and reading novels when she’s off the court and has time to relax.
- She has more than 2714 followers on Instagram and even more followers on Twitter.
- She values privacy and boundaries above all else especially when it comes to her family and personal life and believes that her talent and skill are all that anybody should know about.