Anastasija Sevastova was born on April 13 1990, in Liepāja, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union. She is now a professional tennis player for Latvia. Until now, she has 4 WTA singles titles to her credit. She has also won 13 singles and four doubles titles on the ITF Circuit.She reached her career-high singles ranking of world No.11 in October 2018
When it comes to her playing style, Sevastova She is an aggressive baseline player. She possesses consistent and accurate groundstrokes, She also moves around the court well, and has good footwork. Her best shots are her drop shots and slices. She can generate a lot of spin on both her forehand and backhand.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 11|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 79|
|Social media profile||Instagram @nastysevastova
Personal Information and Relationships
- Anastasija Sevastova was born on April 13 1990, in Liepāja, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union.
- Her mother Diāna Golovanova was an English teacher.
- She was introduced to tennis at the young age of 6 by her grandmother.
- Sevastova chose tennis because her grandmother had friends who played and because the family lived near a tennis club in Liepāja.
- Sevastova played most of her winter tennis in the gymnasium in a secondary school where her mother taught.
- At the age of 14, she went to Niki Pilic’s tennis academy in Munich for her training.
- She is currently coached by Ronald Schmidt
- Sevastova made her professional debut in 2006 and reached her first ITF final at the $10K event in Garching .
- In 2007, at the İstanbul Cup she recorded her first WTA match-win, beating Anastasiya Yakimova but was then unfortunately defeated by Alona Bondarenko in the next round.
- She made her Grand Slam debut at the 2009 French Open.
- At the 2009 US Open she won her first Grand Slam match, defeating Tamarine Tanasugarn.
- In 2010, she reached the semifinals of the Monterrey Open after defeating Jelena Janković but then lost to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
- In the same year, she reached her first WTA singles final at the Estoril Open,where she defeated Arantxa Parra Santonja in straight sets to win the title.
- Due to illness and injuries that she faced in the past couple of years, Sevastova announced her retirement from the sport in May 2013.
- In 2015, she returned to professional tennis and won the title at the $10K event in Sharm El Sheikh.
- at the 2016 Australian Open, she lost to Ana Ivanovic in the second round.
- In 2016, at the US Open, she defeated the reigning French Open champion Garbiñe Muguruza, as well as Australian Open semi finalist Johanna Konta, en route to her first Grand Slam quarterfinal.
- In 2017, she won the Mallorca Open by defeating Julia Görges in the final.
- In 2018, she won her third WTA title at the Bucharest Open where she defeated Petra Martić in the final.
- In the same year At the US Open, Sevastova defeated Donna Vekić, Claire Liu, Ekaterina Makarova and Elina Svitolina to reach the quarterfinals. She then defeated Sloane Stephens in straight sets to reach her first major semifinal, where she lost to Serena Williams.
- In 2019, she won the title at the Baltic Open in Jūrmala.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 8,230,671 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 82,050.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Sevastova’s clothing and footwear on the court is sponsored by Yonex.
- Her tennis racquets are also sponsored by Yonex and she uses the Yonex Ezone DR 98 racquet
Sevastova’s total net worth as of today is 1.5 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- She speaks English, Russian, Latvian and German.
- Her tennis idols are Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi.
- Her favorite tournaments are Roland Garros, US Open, Mallorca Open and Bucharest Open.
- Her favorite surfaces to play on are hard courts and clay courts
- Her favorite shot is backhand
- Her other sports interests are soccer and jet skiing
- Her favorite movie is Lord of the Rings
- Her favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- Her favorite artists are Beyoncé, Jay-Z and James Blunt.
- Her favorite book is Katherine by Anya Seton.