Amanda Anisimova was born on August 31, 2001, in Freehold Township, New Jersey. She is now a professional tennis player for the United States of America. Until now, she has 2 WTA singles titles to her credit and she has a career-high WTA ranking of No. 21 in the world.
When it comes to her playing style, she is an aggressive baseliner, with powerful groundstrokes. Her two-handed backhand is considered to be her weapon, and she produces winners by consistently hitting with depth, speed, and power.
She is also fast around the court and her footwork is quick and intricate. One of her greatest strengths is her return of serve, especially on the second serve which makes her one of the most effective returners on the WTA Tour.
|Highest ranking (Singles)||No. 21|
|Current ranking (Singles)||No. 43|
|Social media profile||Instagram @amandaanisimova
Personal Information and Relationships
- Amanda Anisimova was born on August 31, 2001 in Freehold Township, New Jersey to Olga Anisimova and Konstantin Anisimov.
- She also has an older sister, Maria, who played tennis for the University of Pennsylvania.
- Her parents emigrated from Russia to the United States a few years before she was born so as to improve their standard of living.
- It is surprising that Amanda chose to get into tennis as both of her parents do not play sports and instead belong to the banking sector.
- Anisimova started playing tennis at the young age of five and was inspired by her older sister.
- Her family then moved to Florida so that Amanda and her sister would have more opportunities to train and develop their skill.
- Initially, she was coached by her father and later began working with Nick Saviano.
- She is currently coached by Darren Cahill.
- Amanda made her professional debut in 2016 when she received a wildcard into the US Open qualifying match.
- In the same year, Anisimova won the USTA French Open Wildcard Challenge by reaching the finals at the $80K event in Indian Harbor Beach as well as the $60K event in Dothan, Alabama back to back. Her performance at these tournaments helped her crack the top 300 of the WTA rankings.
- She made her grand slam debut at the French Open but lost to Kurumi Nara, however, she became the youngest player to participate in the main draw since Alizé Cornet in 2005.
- In 2018, at the Japan Open, she made it to her first career WTA final where she defeated Zhang Shuai in the semifinals but then lost to Hsieh Su-Wei. However, this performance enabled her to reach the top 100 for the first time.
- In 2019, she won her first WTA title at the Copa Colsanitas in Colombia where she defeated Astra Sharma in the final.
- Anisimova began 2020 at the Auckland Open, where she defeated Kateryna Kozlova, Daria Kasatkina, and Eugenie Bouchard to reach the semifinal where she lost to Serena Williams.
- In 2022. She won her second WTA title at the Melbourne Summer Set 2 where she won the title by defeating Aliaksandra Sasnovic.
- She reached the fourth round At the Australian Open, where she was unfortunately defeated by Ash Barty.
Prize Money Earnings
She has earned a total of around 2,885,759 US$ from her participation in different championships. In fact, for the year 2022 so far, she has earned around US$ 392,305.
Endorsements and Sponsors
- All of Amanda’s clothing and footwear on the court are sponsored by Nike.
- Her tennis racquets are provided by Babolat.
- She is also associated with Gatorade and Therabody.
Amanda’s total net worth as of today is estimated to be around 2 million US$. While there is absolutely no confirmation on this figure, it is likely to be true due to the large amounts of cash she collects as prize money and also from her endorsements.
- She speaks English and Russian
- Her tennis idols growing up were Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.
- When she is off the court, she enjoys listening to music, running, writing, jet skiing and going to the beach.
- Anisimova is currently dating Tyler Roos, who is a former The Amazing Race Australia contestant and the son of Australian rules football legend Paul Roos.
- She also has a dog named Miley.